• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Morning Glories

133 posts in this topic

This is the book that got my wife hook to comics. We have been together for the past 10 years and it took morning glories to finally get her in. Now, she can't stop reading it off her tablet.

I know there are lots of unanswered plots but I wonder why there is no love for this series.

Cheers : )

I thoroughly enjoyed this story but since its been taking so damn long for each book to come out I've really lost interest.

I bought the first issue and thought it was horrible.

DG

I read this in trade form on my tablet. Experience is much better.

I would assume reading on a monthly basis will kill off any tension or suspense that might be build up.

I love it for the fact that my wife and I can discuss the many details found in the book and argue what does all these lead to. It is useless I know, but fun nevertheless and great for bonding!!

I am now all caught up to issue 24, and it's mostly making sense to me (I think). How long is this series supposed to run?

I believe that it's supposed to be around 100 issues: four "seasons" of approximately 25 issues each. I hope Nick Spencer will correct me if I got that wrong.

And... I just wanted to voice my own appreciation for the book. I'd even say that Morning Glories is my favourite series: it has an intricate storyline, engaging characters, great dialogue and really nice visuals. And it's definitely a book that rewards re-reading. For anyone who's read the recent issues and knows who the Truants are, check out the opening few pages of #1 again; there's clearly been a plan for this series from the very beginning.

Regarding the book taking more than a month between issues, I think that can be attributed to the page count of the individual issues. I just pulled out the last half-dozen issues, and the page counts were as follows:

#19 - 30 pages

#20 - 32 pages

#21 - 36 pages

#22 - 28 pages

#23 - 28 pages

#24 - 44 pages

And with the exception of the most recent issue, which was $3.99, all the other issues on that list were $2.99. I think it's great value for the dollar, and even though one of these extra-length issues isn't on the stands each month, the creative team seems to be producing a standard-length issue's worth of material in that amount of time.

I'm already looking forward to the double-sized season finale in #25!

well, objectively speaking... you're wrong.

Objectively speaking, you have poor taste and extremely low standards.

DG

It's true. That's the golden rule of comics collecting. "What I collect is awesome, and what you collect is ."

(thumbs u

DG

You, sir, are one of the biggest black clouds to rain on these boards. (thumbs u

And, what's with signing every post? Does that reflect a sense of self importance?

But Bedlam does have more readers copies sold per issue at this point than Morning Glories. I'm not sure how long Bedlam is going to last, but MG is going to last about 100 issues.

With about 9000 copies sold/book, it's a good idea to increase readership by offering an issue at $1 since I think a lot of people read the trades for MG.

But Bedlam does have more readers copies sold per issue at this point than Morning Glories. I'm not sure how long Bedlam is going to last, but MG is going to last about 100 issues.

With about 9000 copies sold/book, it's a good idea to increase readership by offering an issue at $1.

I don't want to be the one raining on the parade, but there's no chance whatsoever that MG will last 100 issues with a print run of less than 9,000 copies (and going down) ...

With about 9000 copies sold/book, it's a good idea to increase readership by offering an issue at $1.

I don't want to be the one raining on the parade, but there's no chance whatsoever that MG will last 100 issues with a print run of less than 9,000 copies (and going down) ...

If MG were a DC or Marvel comic, I would agree with you 100%.

But since it's Image, it's more likely to finish its run. Maybe Nick Spencer can return and chime in here.

Here's some "numbers" I pulled from Diamond for January 2013.

Witchblade 163 - 7655

Tarot Witch of the Black Rose 78 - 6777

Simpsons Comics 198 - 6593 (though I'm sure newsstand sales help)

Darkness 110 - 4869

Savage Dragon 184 - 4366

Knights of the Dinner Table 194 - 2994

Gold Digger 146 - 1837

DG

You, sir, are one of the biggest black clouds to rain on these boards. (thumbs u

And, what's with signing every post? Does that reflect a sense of self importance?

In the real world, there are sunny days and rainy days. If you want to live in a fantasy world where reality goes by the wayside, you will get frustrated by others that are far less opinionated than myself.

Why would signing my name be a sign of self-importance? It's not my name or my initials. Your theory is absurdly silly.

Sincerely,

Mr. Dirk Garthwaite

Oppressor of Hopes and Dreams

DG

In the real world, there are sunny days and rainy days.

Macquarie Island in Australia gets over 300 days of cloud and rain a year. That's your real world equivalent. :grin:

You keep signing your name to your oh-so-important opinions, 'Dirk'. (thumbs u