• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My old Suscha News ASM - now a 9.9 ???

117 posts in this topic

Kick in pants how them there graders over at CGC can pick up on a .1 difference in a book.

Has the CPR game been stepped up to the next level with predictable 9.9's? hm

Was kinda of the point to my post. But, yes this thread certainly makes one ponder. (thumbs u

With Matt now working for CGC and offering one-stop-shopping for all your pressing and grading needs, anything's possible these days... hm

Kick in pants how them there graders over at CGC can pick up on a .1 difference in a book.

Was kinda of the point to my post. But, yes this thread certainly makes one ponder. (thumbs u

With Matt now working for CGC and offering one-stop-shopping for all your pressing and grading needs, anything's possible these days... hm

There's no conflict of interest, though.

Mass stampede to press 9/8 books from the 70s ?

:)

There's no conflict of interest, though.

There most certainly is not........................

if you are the one getting the full potential. :pullhair:

Is it the same book? Who has the b*lls to crack a 9.8 hoping for a 9.9?

Might be the same book but do you know how many copies of that book have the same miswrap?

To me, the real question is, why the hell is CGC giving 9.9s to books with miswraps?

Ah, there's a question with a loaded answer.

If the miswrap is the only defect that their eyes can pick up then I believe they allow a certain size miswrap in that grade.

Might be the same book but do you know how many copies of that book have the same miswrap?

Might be a straight resub with no press. Could be 10 after potentialization. We just dont know. lol

Vintage,

But both Suscha News?

Ah, sorry. I missed the ped designation on the second one because I was busy scrutinizing the books. Must be the same book then.

(thumbs u

Might be a straight resub with no press. Could be 10 after potentialization. We just dont know. lol

Lucky straight resub is my guess...

Buyer has spent 1000s of $$ on 9.8s on eBay this month alone, mostly copper age Spideys. Could be lucky collector, or could have an operation going.

Lucky straight resub is my guess, and grader got great hed that morning...

Buyer has spent 1000s of $$ on 9.8s on eBay this month alone, mostly copper age Spideys. Could be lucky collector, or could have an operation going.

Would it be too rude to pm him on eBay? That would clear up all this speculation. And worst case is he doesn't reply/gets a bit miffed.

Lucky straight resub is my guess.

Would it be too rude to pm him on eBay? That would clear up all this speculation. And worst case is he doesn't reply/gets a bit miffed.

What, and not talk about him behind his back?

Lucky straight resub is my guess.

What, and not talk about him behind his back?

lol that is more fun.

Give it a try. I am sure they will be receptive and forthcoming with answers. :baiting:

They are the same book. The white spot in question is just a difference in the sharpness of the scans.

Thats kinda what I thought but it was the only thing that stood out, after looking more the same thing is happening on spideys left arm under the price box.

Clearly Spidey has been shooting up PEDs into that arm and that is what gave this book the edge to come back a 9.9 the second time around. :)

Deer antler spray? hm

Man, I love sports.

For what purpose?