• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My old Suscha News ASM - now a 9.9 ???

117 posts in this topic

This extraordinary CGC 9.9 MT is not only the single highest graded example of this issue, but it is also one of the 3 earliest Amazing Spider-Man issues in the world certified at 9.9! Only two earlier issues have 9.9 representatives -- #19 and #73 -- making this example of this 1973 issue an extremely rare item. CGC 9.9s from any era are very rare, but ones dating from before 1975 are next to unseen and rarely made available for sale.

:o

Between spideys hand and the letter 'R' in spiderman there is a white mark that seems more apparent in the second scan if you zoom way in, is that just the clarity if the scan itself?

Between spideys hand and the letter 'R' in spiderman there is a white mark that seems more apparent in the second scan if you zoom way in, is that just the clarity if the scan itself?

I see it... there were duplicates in the Suscha News collection, but I would have thought Metro would have slabbed all of them back in 2010. This was slabbed in Dec 2012, which means likely a resub... so what are the chances I sold a 9.8 ASM 125 SN pedigree, and someone resubs a different copy 3 months later? Or Metro could have sold it raw and the dude just subbed it now...

The second scan has the brightness cranked off the chart.

It is clearly the same book from the cover with how it is cut on all sides and with comparing the spine/wrap.

Yup that took some balls, but then again if it didn't look like it had any visible defects from within the case than unless someone damaged it on cracking it out it was just a possible waste of money on a resub to have it come back a 9.8 again.

Wonder if any boardies were involved in this?

Was it an average joe who purchased it from you? Sounds odd someone would just resub a 9.8 pre 1975 as many 9.9s dont exist.

Seems odd to me too... just lucky I guess, like I said that would take huge b*lls... I have the buyer's name but I don't know anything about him.

It is clearly the same book from the cover with how it is cut on all sides and with comparing the spine/wrap.

Yup that took some balls, but then again if it didn't look like it had any visible defects from within the case than unless someone damaged it on cracking it out it was just a possible waste of money on a resub to have it come back a 9.8 again.

Wonder if any boardies were involved in this?

Lower left staple looks the same, but I thought the top one might line up differently...

They are the same book. The white spot in question is just a difference in the sharpness of the scans.

Thats kinda what I thought but it was the only thing that stood out, after looking more the same thing is happening on spideys left arm under the price box.

They are the same book. The white spot in question is just a difference in the sharpness of the scans.

Thats kinda what I thought but it was the only thing that stood out, after looking more the same thing is happening on spideys left arm under the price box.

Clearly Spidey has been shooting up PEDs into that arm and that is what gave this book the edge to come back a 9.9 the second time around. :)

Clearly Spidey has been shooting up PEDs into that arm and that is what gave this book the edge to come back a 9.9 the second time around. :)

Deer antler spray? hm

Kick in pants how them there graders over at CGC can pick up on a .1 difference in a book.

Has the CPR game been stepped up to the next level with predictable 9.9's? hm

Kick in pants how them there graders over at CGC can pick up on a .1 difference in a book.

Has the CPR game been stepped up to the next level with predictable 9.9's? hm

Was kinda of the point to my post. But, yes this thread certainly makes one ponder. (thumbs u