• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Steranko at Nashville Comic Expo, who has met him?

35 posts in this topic

I hope to go to the Nashville Comic show in September and Steranko just signed on to come.

Anyone deal with him before? Nice guy? He has done some great covers and since I tend to be a cover collector would like to know if I need to start a SS stash.

I met him years ago at a Motor City Con, very personable guy. If the lines not too long take some time and talk to him a bit, he might very well be the model for "The Most Interesting Man in the World". He's an amazingly accomplished individual, there was a list of things he's done and been recognized for in, I believe, the Nick Fury Agent of SHIELD tpb. Quite impressive.

Talked to him several times at San Diego cons in the 90's. He was friendly, charming and had a fine head of hair. He had his own booth/table and was alternately entertaining and a bit of a dandy, as well as serious and informative depending on the circumstances. Perhaps one of the best guests you could hope to meet.

What do you plan to chat with him about?

Awesome. I remember meeting Jusko at Charlotte. No one was around, just started talking. Hope Sterenko is the same.

Here is the link. He looks awesome in the picture. Has more hair than I ever did.

http://www.nashvillecomicexpo.com/

lol! :gossip: He has the worst hairpiece in the biz! And to be honest, I don't think you'll be able to chat with Steranko like you could chat with Jusko.

Awesome. I remember meeting Jusko at Charlotte. No one was around, just started talking. Hope Sterenko is the same.

Here is the link. He looks awesome in the picture. Has more hair than I ever did.

http://www.nashvillecomicexpo.com/

lol! :gossip: He has the worst hairpiece in the biz! And to be honest, I don't think you'll be able to chat with Steranko like you could chat with Jusko.

I might have to wear my new hairpiece to Nashville as well.

Lifts and a wig will put me in a higher standing among the nerds.

:whee:

I hope to go to the Nashville Comic show in September and Steranko just signed on to come.

Anyone deal with him before? Nice guy? He has done some great covers and since I tend to be a cover collector would like to know if I need to start a SS stash.

I got to spend quite a bit of time with Steranko at the 2011 Cincinnati Comic Expo. I found him charming, interesting and opinionated. He loves his fans as much or more than any creator I have seen, but still believes strongly enough not to sign anything that he did not get his fair compensation for (certain TPBs etc).

He is even more famous as an escape artist than he is a comic artist, is still in phenomenal shape, and has a grip like a rock python. He is small of stature, but larger than life. I am a very big fan!!

Here is a link to my first Steranko SS, the first of many!!

http://www.myslabbedcomics.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=7328&GSub=630

I got to spend quite a bit of time with Steranko at the 2011 Cincinnati Comic Expo. I found him charming, interesting and opinionated. He loves his fans as much or more than any creator I have seen, but still believes strongly enough not to sign anything that he did not get his fair compensation for (certain TPBs etc).

+1

This was basically my experience in Boston, though there were too many fans in line to really talk to him much. But he did refuse to sign the TPB the guy in front of me had brought, on principle. So that is a possibility; I'm not sure if there's any way to know in advance just what he will and won't sign.

He signed my stuff without any problem though. And he had some original art from his Marvel days on display that was just amazing.

He is even more famous as an escape artist than he is a comic artist, is still in phenomenal shape, and has a grip like a rock python. He is small of stature, but larger than life. I am a very big fan!!

I was going around the corner of a curtained booth at a convention and almost headed straight into Steranko, but his lightning-fast reflexes allowed him to avoid me with ease. Cat-like.

I met, and chatted with, Steranko at one of the early Baltimore cons. We talked mostly about Atlas/pre-hero era Westerns, Joe Maneely, and whether or not he'd ever produce a 3rd volume of his History of Comics. He seemed just as interested in what I thought about this stuff as he was in sharing his (vast) knowledge with me, and reminded me a lot of some of my uncles from Western PA: tough, well-spoken but also street smart, generous...and VERY well-dressed. He's a stand-up guy all the way!