• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Image Comics

49 posts in this topic

It seems like Image Comics has turned the industry upside down again. They are creating a buzz that companies dream of having and wish they could match. Collectors and speculators can't wait to see what comes out next from them. Once it hits the stands it gets gobbled up. It's hit after hit after hit after hit, how long can they keep this up. I am curious to see how much of the market Marvel and DC have lost to other publishers. I will go out on a limb to say they only reason people go back to the big two is familiarity. Heck we grew up reading them, its a damn shame they did not grow with us. From my point of view the only value Marvel and DC has is it's gold, silver and bronze era. Copper had a few keys but as far as modern goes its Image and they seem to have a strangle hold on it. Valiant has great material and I see them being a player as well.

i see a LOT of people getting burnt this year. 2012 was THE year for Image imo.

Please explain

will EoW be popular? absolutely it will, and THIS year, EVERYONE will "load up" on them and any other new cannon that comes down the pipe.

is there no room to make money on it? of course there is, there's a way to make on everything. i just dont see it being like last year.

Please explain

will EoW be popular? absolutely it will, and THIS year, EVERYONE will "load up" on them and any other new cannon that comes down the pipe.

is there no room to make money on it? of course there is, there's a way to make on everything. i just dont see it being like last year.

What he said

But for as many hits Image have had they have had twice as many misses. It's just that the quality titles have really stood out against the rest of the market.

The freedom they give to their creators must be a core reason to their success and why we have seen such fantastic and diverse comics. In the end it's a win win for everyone!

But for as many hits Image have had they have had twice as many misses. It's just that the quality titles have really stood out against the rest of the market.

The freedom they give to their creators must be a core reason to their success and why we have seen such fantastic and diverse comics. In the end it's a win win for everyone!

Not for Alpha Girl. :sorry:

You can go on Diamond Comics and see the stats of each comic. Image publishes great comics, but they are still a fraction that DC and Marvel do not have to consider. I am not really into the whole superhero thing (except I started reading Batman The New 52 and it is aweome, but in 4 issues he fell from a 30 story building as Bruce Wayne and got blown up by a trip wire that blew up the whole building as Batman and lived), so I try to pick everything up that is Image.

http://www.diamondcomics.com/Home/1/1/3/237?articleID=129876

And that's with The Walking Dead 100.

http://www.diamondcomics.com/Home/1/1/3/237?articleID=129965

Completely agree. There are some great stories happening now. It's very difficult to maintain the same quality across the board. I'd rather snatch up 10 copies of Saga regardless of the print run than 50 East of Wests, or a Nowhere Men...

You can go on Diamond Comics and see the stats of each comic. Image publishes great comics, but they are still a fraction that DC and Marvel do not have to consider. I am not really into the whole superhero thing (except I started reading Batman The New 52 and it is aweome, but in 4 issues he fell from a 30 story building as Bruce Wayne and got blown up by a trip wire that blew up the whole building as Batman and lived), so I try to pick everything up that is Image.

http://www.diamondcomics.com/Home/1/1/3/237?articleID=129876

And that's with The Walking Dead 100.

http://www.diamondcomics.com/Home/1/1/3/237?articleID=129965

Walking Dead 100 - 1

My Little Pony 1 - 90

Masks 1 - 196

Walking Dead 102- 200

Saga 1 - 251

WD 104 - 275

WD 105 - 289

Saga 2 - 373

WD Michonne - 400

Hit Girl 2 - 411

Saga 3 - 412

Mars Attacks 1 - 417

Shadow 1 - 418

X-O Manowar 1 - 440

Saga 7 - 449

Kick 2 7 - 453

Saga 4 - 474

Hit Girl 3 - 491

Saga 5 - 499

19 comics that was not Marvel of DC out of 500 cracked that list. DAMN!