• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

did CGC come out with a new slab? or something fishy? Advice needed please.

26 posts in this topic

So I bought this comic on eBay, I received it today but the case is different from the rest of my slabs. It's thicker and looks different. There's more space inside the slab, compared to the one I'm used to where the comic is more snug and compacted. I don't own a pgx nor have I ever held one. Although the serial number did register in the CGC registry. I'm just wondering if CGC started using another type of slab or did I get scammed? I wish I could post pics but my internet's down and I'm posting this from my phone, any help would be appreciated, thank you.

I've seen this a few times. I don't think it's really anything to worry about.

I own two graded Wolverine v.2 #150 issues. One is in a regular sized slab, the other in a thicker slab. Obviously there's no difference in the size of those books (as they're the same), so the thicker slab was likely just used by mistake.

Maybe they just ran out of the regular sized slabs that day. lol

is it ticking?

Actually, throwers don't worry about ticking 'cause modern bombs don't tick. But when a suitcase vibrates, then the throwers gotta call the police. Nine times out of ten it's an electric razor. But … every once in a while [looks around, leans in conspiratorially] … it's a . [leans back] Of course, it's company policy never to imply ownership in the event of a . We have to use the indefinite article, "a ", never … your .

Oh, that reminds me of the time when I checked into a hotel and complained to security of a buzzing noise.

lol

I'll shut up now.

:facepalm:

Oh, that reminds me of the time when I checked into a hotel and complained to security of a buzzing noise.

lol

I'll shut up now.

:facepalm:

hm

We ended up searching the room next door, the room upstairs and the stairwell (which was on the other side of the room).

Didn't find anything out there. It sounded like there was a vibrator stuck in the wall somewhere.

lol