• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Humidity Level for Storing Comics?

82 posts in this topic

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif Darth Vader himself!

Bring it on baby, good luck enforcing that judgment in Hong Kong, a Special Administrative Region of CHINA!!!

Signed,

General Counsel of a company with minimal assets in the United States

And also seriously - I am going to be noting fog levels and pick up a hydrometer/thermometer combo. Will gauge outside to inside emperatures/humidity.

One nice thing - my apratment has a large walk-in closet with only interior walls and no windows nd no heat (not that heat is really needed in SF! lol - I sleep at nigt with a window open).

But will be interested in seeing how my comic books fair against NOAA Weather!

I love this thread! We are such geeks!!! grin.gif

And also seriously - I am going to be noting fog levels and pick up a hydrometer/thermometer combo. Will gauge outside to inside emperatures/humidity.

One nice thing - my apratment has a large walk-in closet with only interior walls and no windows nd no heat (not that heat is really needed in SF! lol - I sleep at nigt with a window open).

But will be interested in seeing how my comic books fair against NOAA Weather!

I love this thread! We are such geeks!!! grin.gif

Yes - we ARE geeks! But haven;t you HEARD? We Geeks rule the world! WE are where it is at! You betcha! thumbsup2.gif

Bring it on baby, good luck enforcing that judgment in Hong Kong, a Special Administrative Region of CHINA!!!

Signed,

Now THAT is funny!

(Running off to my Martindale Hubbell directory to read up all I can about enforcement of judgments in Hong Kong.) 893whatthe.gif

Signed,

Now THAT is funny!

(Running off to my Martindale Hubbell directory to read up all I can about enforcement of judgments in Hong Kong.) 893whatthe.gif

...speaking of geeks!

Signed,

Now THAT is funny!

...speaking of geeks!

With pride. acclaim.gif

Signed,

Now THAT is funny!

...speaking of geeks!

With pride. acclaim.gif

Oh, and by the way -- I could always attach any A/R you have with a US customer. acclaim.gif

--Resourceful FFB

Oh, and by the way -- I could always attach any A/R you have with a US customer. acclaim.gif

--Resourceful FFB

That's why all of our contracts with US customers are with their offshore subsidiaries. acclaim.gif C'mon junior, enough of the softballs, let's see ya bring some heat!

FFB,

Bring me in as co-counsel. We'll wait until he has a shipment of HG stuff at CGC, then bring the sheriff to enforce the judgment. Remember, I get 30%!!

27_laughing.gif Curses, you found my weak point!

--Resourceful FFB

That's why all of our contracts with US customers are with their offshore subsidiaries. acclaim.gif C'mon junior, enough of the softballs, let's see ya bring some heat!

27_laughing.gif

OK, seriously, I'd just file an independent action in Hong Kong (employing local counsel there) and would sue using the US judgment as evidence of the debt. Six million years later, and presto, I've got a Hong Kong judgment that is fully enforceable in Hong Kong.

Next issue. sumo.gif

FFB,

Bring me in as co-counsel. We'll wait until he has a shipment of HG stuff at CGC, then bring the sheriff to enforce the judgment. Remember, I get 30%!!

No good. Tim's stuff is already slabbed and is concealed in various and sundry locations between Hong Kong and New Jersey. 893frustrated.gif Finding his books would be like finding Jimmy Hoffa.

27_laughing.gif

OK, seriously, I'd just file an independent action in Hong Kong (employing local counsel there) and would sue using the US judgment as evidence of the debt. Six million years later, and presto, I've got a Hong Kong judgment that is fully enforceable in Hong Kong.

Next issue. sumo.gif

You have passed the test, grasshopper. You may now award yourself a big gold star and call yourself BSILD (BS international lawyer D)

27_laughing.gif

Next issue. sumo.gif

You have passed the test, grasshopper. You may now award yourself a big gold star and call yourself BSILD (BS international lawyer D)

cloud9.gif I will make a special T-Shirt with that slogan and will wear it to the Chicago forum dinner.

I guess the other thing to say about humidity is that even though I'm heavily into science, humidity wasn't something that was "real" to me until I bought a dehumidifier. I knew there was water in the air because that's what science and weathermen told me, but because I couldn't see or touch it--besides morning dew that accumulates in the spring and fall when the temp starts to drop or lower--it's something I didn't believe affects me or my books at a gut level. But every time I empty a gallon or two of water out of my dehumidifier every day in the summer, I think about all that water floating around in the air around my comics.

My dehumidifier made the concept and effects of humidity seem MUCH more real than just hearing other people talk about it. I'm SUCH a geek!!! insane.gif

I decided to pull my 7000 book collection from storage and I will store them at my brother's house in Northern Virginia. I have read this thread and I wonder if any more information can be provided about the best dehumidifier on the market? Any suggestions for an off the shelf purchase? Also, I wrote Collectibles Insurance Agency about information to obtain a policy. They never responded to my email, which I sent several days ago. This does not give me a warm and fuzzy feeling about dealing with them. Can anyone make a recommendation regarding a reputable insurance company for comics?

If you're going to store comics in Northern Virginia, you'll need a dehumidifier and A/C. Why don't you store your comics with a relative in Colorado or Winnipeg instead?

If you're going to store comics in Northern Virginia, you'll need a dehumidifier and A/C. Why don't you store your comics with a relative in Colorado or Winnipeg instead?

I wiish I could store them outside of N. VA but I want the comics available for my perusal whenever I am in the N. VA area. It has been eight years since I have viewed my babies. cloud9.gif

I wiish I could store them outside of N. VA but I want the comics available for my perusal whenever I am in the N. VA area. It has been eight years since I have viewed my babies. cloud9.gif

Natch, I was just joking, except the part about cranking up the dehumifider and A/C. I hope your brother is ready for a higher electric bill. That DC humidity and heat is a comic-killer!

I guess the other thing to say about humidity is that even though I'm heavily into science, humidity wasn't something that was "real" to me until I bought a dehumidifier. I knew there was water in the air because that's what science and weathermen told me, but because I couldn't see or touch it--besides morning dew that accumulates in the spring and fall when the temp starts to drop or lower--it's something I didn't believe affects me or my books at a gut level. But every time I empty a gallon or two of water out of my dehumidifier every day in the summer, I think about all that water floating around in the air around my comics.

My dehumidifier made the concept and effects of humidity seem MUCH more real than just hearing other people talk about it. I'm SUCH a geek!!! insane.gif

I decided to pull my 7000 book collection from storage and I will store them at my brother's house in Northern Virginia. I have read this thread and I wonder if any more information can be provided about the best dehumidifier on the market? Any suggestions for an off the shelf purchase? Also, I wrote Collectibles Insurance Agency about information to obtain a policy. They never responded to my email, which I sent several days ago. This does not give me a warm and fuzzy feeling about dealing with them. Can anyone make a recommendation regarding a reputable insurance company for comics?

I had the same experience (no response to email) I called and they were helpful and said they have had a problem with their email. Unbelievable that they wouldn't correct it!

I had the same experience (no response to email) I called and they were helpful and said they have had a problem with their email. Unbelievable that they wouldn't correct it!

As luck would have it, the insurance company replied to my email today. Maybe they read this thread. Now I just need some good advice on a quality dehumidifier and I am set. gossip.gif