• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Avengers #4 CGC 9.4 on ebay

46 posts in this topic

Looks like someone has hi-jacked the account, or the seller has turned to the darkside.

The WD #1 CGC 9.9 he just "sold" is the same scan of the copy that sold for $10,100 in November.

I haven't checked the other books but presume the scans have also been lifted.

If it looks too good to be true..........

Not to mention, just look at his feedback. It's all sales of flea medicine and books <$50, except for 1 sale of a WD run in August '12.

Looks like someone has hi-jacked the account, or the seller has turned to the darkside.

The WD #1 CGC 9.9 he just "sold" is the same scan of the copy that sold for $10,100 in November.

I haven't checked the other books but presume the scans have also been lifted.

If it looks too good to be true..........

Not to mention, just look at his feedback. It's all sales of flea medicine and books <$50, except for 1 sale of a WD run in August '12.

I was going to mention this, but the phone rang.

Looks like 8+ months of regular $40 sales, a $1000 "test the waters" sale in August where they found ebay still had a 30 day hold, then a blitzkrieg in January once they determined the 30 day hold was lifted.

Or else just a collector who ran into money troubles....

Sales seem fishy to me... I doubt all the books sold were legit.

I recognize that Avengers #4. I believe I saw it last year and it is a legit CGC 9.4 but I am quite sure that book sold in the $15-20K range recently.

Hard to believe this is a legit seller.

I checked all the past sales from the last 15 days . There have been some higher dollar sales. But none of the buyers have left any feedback. They ended end of January beginning of Feb. That feedback, if it was for legit sales should be showing up with in the next few days .

Well Filter sold it on 11/25 for $14,700 to an entirely different ebay handle.

The identical scan was used in the listing which was started on 2/5 and ended with best offer of $7300 being accepted on 2/6. That is a pretty big haircut.

Almost all of the high $ listings by the seller, use different photo backgrounds, scanners, combinations of the two, etc. The Hulk 181 scan doesn't even appear to be from a legal scanner.

Most likely the scans are all lifted.