• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2013 CGC Registry Set Awards

144 posts in this topic

Well I'm ready for this year... now with scans of the backs.

I have 18 more books out being signed (and some back-ups if there's a grade drop...). If all goes well that will be 124 of the 155 (not counting 2nd prints) in CGC 9.8SS. I hope I can get the last 31 books in shiny yellow labels before the 2014 awards. :)

http://comics.www.collectors-society.com/registry/comics/SetTypeDetail.aspx?SetTypeID=229

Well hopefully no grade drops. Books arrived at CGC today. :)

:applause:

Good luck to all participants. Im looking more 2016

I'm with you!

I was hoping to have my Pedigree Avengers set primed for an award this year but wasn't able to find many the last 6 months or so. Looks like it will be 2014 at best :sorry:

I'm with you!

I was hoping to have my Pedigree Avengers set primed for an award this year but wasn't able to find many the last 6 months or so. Looks like it will be 2014 at best :sorry:

Spend more time tracking down books and less time taunting CAL.

I'm with you!

Spend more time tracking down books and less time taunting CAL.

I dont want a Registry award THAT bad!!! (thumbs u

Any chance theres a "Taunting CAL" Registry award in the future??? :wishluck:

Have I got this right?

All new set requests in the thread above, will be audited and added to the "overall list" once the registry awards are completed for this year? (And in the meantime, any new requests basically idle in the thread until that point).

Have I got this right?

All new set requests in the thread above, will be audited and added to the "overall list" once the registry awards are completed for this year? (And in the meantime, any new requests basically idle in the thread until that point).

Could you elaborate as you have me confused?

Have I got this right?

If I understand what you're asking, Gemma adds any new requests as fast as she can, but there is a long list to work through

I could have won a registry set award this year had I known the set holder was selling his books the same time I decided to as well lol The irony!

Just curios...but why did you decided to sell your set?

Have I got this right?

If I understand what you're asking, Gemma adds any new requests as fast as she can, but there is a long list to work through

Of course! And, this isn't meant to sound impatient. Or to derail this registry set thread, but I just noticed that in the OP of the new set requests this is written:

Once I have completed this list I will create a new list of the requests that are featured in this thread, so please try to only request a title once and then be patient for the new thread (it helps to skim through and make sure another user hasn’t requested it already, too)…thanks!

And, then, towards the end of the thread, the "subject line" of the thread changes from "New Set Requests (Full Sets Only)" to "Registry Set Requests (Full Sets Only) - After Registry Awards 2012"

So I was wondering if there was a typo (2012 instead of 2013) or if I'd missed the boat on new requests or whatnot... i.e. I haven't been here long enough to see a new list created, so I was just wondering how it happened historically and if I'd interpreted the process correctly.

Either way, this is a full thread derail on my part and that's outta line - so I apologise!! :sorry:

• Administrator
Have I got this right?

Of course! And, this isn't meant to sound impatient. Or to derail this registry set thread, but I just noticed that in the OP of the new set requests this is written:

Once I have completed this list I will create a new list of the requests that are featured in this thread, so please try to only request a title once and then be patient for the new thread (it helps to skim through and make sure another user hasn’t requested it already, too)…thanks!

And, then, towards the end of the thread, the "subject line" of the thread changes from "New Set Requests (Full Sets Only)" to "Registry Set Requests (Full Sets Only) - After Registry Awards 2012"

So I was wondering if there was a typo (2012 instead of 2013) or if I'd missed the boat on new requests or whatnot... i.e. I haven't been here long enough to see a new list created, so I was just wondering how it happened historically and if I'd interpreted the process correctly.

Either way, this is a full thread derail on my part and that's outta line - so I apologise!! :sorry:

Someone quoted from an earlier point in the thread when it was named this...I will keep working on sets up until the awards, so just keep an eye on the first post to check my progress (I usually add sets once a week).

I could have won a registry set award this year had I known the set holder was selling his books the same time I decided to as well lol The irony!

Just curios...but why did you decided to sell your set?

Change of focus.