• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2013 CGC Registry Set Awards

144 posts in this topic

I need an extension please. :)
Good Luck Jeff.

Any specific awards that you hoping to win?

I'm hoping to have time to take pics before Phoenix at the end of the month so I can write descriptions in Phoenix. I don't know that I am hoping for any specific award but only to complete my Y run to a level where I think it could be considered.

Now that Chew is more than 40 books maybe it could be considered as well although I want to wait until the series is finished. Assuming I hold the #1 spot then I will be the only one to ever get a certificate for Chew. Kind of like that. ;)

Can a set that is in second place be considered for best presented?

Waiting for SS opps just slows things down.

Yes it can. Its happened before.

Yeah, there was a SA set that won last year that was #2 in its category.

Looks like it has happened several times in the GA and SA categories, twice in Bronze and a couple of times in the Modern category (that was back in 2007, though).

Actually the more I think about it the more sense it makes. Given who controls the awards it fits perfectly with their track record. I just wish I knew before I created a few sets. Then again not knowing is the whole premise. :facepalm:

Combo packs are killing me.

CURSE YOU COMBO PACKS!!!!! :pullhair:

At least there aren't many listed in the GL set yet. People are slabbing the Batman ones and getting 8.0, 9.0, etc... Not many 9.8s of these.

I have one and its a 9.6 double signed.