• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WHO'S OUT THERE

38 posts in this topic

78 ANONYMOUS USERS 893whatthe.gif i don't know but this must be some kind of record.

please come on board and join us.most of us are friendly and a few are even tame.

give it a shot you might like it, you may even learn somthing(hell you might teach us something)

the real fun of this is to be a participant.

78 ANONYMOUS USERS i don't know but this must be some kind of record.

...it doesn't mean that they are all lurkers...probably 3/4s of them are users in stealth mode....

• Administrator

...it doesn't mean that they are all lurkers...probably 3/4s of them are users in stealth mode....

No, most of them are lurkers. I can see who's invisible and who's unregistered. Technically a registered user could log out and surf the boards, but since the boards provide all those cool features to tell you what you've read and what you haven't if you have a login, I find that unlikely.

They're genuine lurkers.

Unlurk yourself, guys. acclaim.gif

• Administrator

I guess I better login.

Interesting. So why do you surf the boards without logging in? Isn't it a pain to not see what posts are new versus old? Isn't it nice to be able to click on the title of a thread and jump right to the new stuff?

I guess I better login.

Interesting. So why do you surf the boards without logging in? Isn't it a pain to not see what posts are new versus old? Isn't it nice to be able to click on the title of a thread and jump right to the new stuff?

How does it tell you what is new and what is old? I always use the past 24 hour posts to see what is new. Why would the anonymous users do any different?

• Administrator

When you log into the system, the default behavior is this:

1) Any threads with new posts get sent to the top of the boards

2) Threads with new content should appear highlighted on the list (may depend on the color scheme you chose)

3) On the right hand side of the screen is a column that tells you how many replies are in a thread. The number next to it in ()'s shows how many of them you have NOT seen.

4) If you click on the title of a thread, you should jump directly to those posts you haven't read yet.

5) Once you've got caught up on a thread, it will no longer be highlighted, and there will be no numbers in () in the reply-count column.

I guess I better login.

Threads that have new posts are near the top anyway. Being able to jump right to the new stuff, is a nice feature, but I find it more annoying how when I login... it takes me out of the specific board that I am in...

Also, I usually don't read threads that have passed... say 3 pages... they tend to be off topic by then...

• Administrator

I guess I better login.

Threads that have new posts are near the top anyway. Being able to jump right to the new stuff, is a nice feature, but I find it more annoying how when I login... it takes me out of the specific board that I am in...

Also, I usually don't read threads that have passed... say 3 pages... they tend to be off topic by then...

hm. If you clicked the button on login that told it to remember you, you'd just be automatically logged in whenever you showed up, so there'd be no jumping around.

No, most of them are lurkers. I can see who's invisible and who's unregistered. Technically a registered user could log out and surf the boards, but since the boards provide all those cool features to tell you what you've read and what you haven't if you have a login, I find that unlikely.

They're genuine lurkers.

Unlurk yourself, guys. acclaim.gif

Arch give him a strike and put him in the penalty box. That will learn em. devil.gifstooges.gif

I guess I better login.

hm. If you clicked the button on login that told it to remember you, you'd just be automatically logged in whenever you showed up, so there'd be no jumping around.

I don't like being remembered for too long. I don't like cookies.