• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Uber from Avatar

1,083 posts in this topic

If customers can't get that #0 is the first issue, then understanding whats going on in #1 may be difficult!

As far as I know - and am happy to be corrected - all distributors sold out of their pre-sales, and have sold out of #0.

And yes Crossed is the one with the 'Gore' covers, incest/necrophillia/slaughter covers, and not-be-very-nice-to-children-and-animals covers.

Crossed is *ahem* "an acquired taste".....

Anyone know the print run?

Be amazed if its over 8,000.

Delighted if its less.

Theres a huge buzz on this one.

I was skeptical as everything I've read from Avatar is heavy on shock and light on story. However, I read the preview and I am impressed. It captured my interest quickly and I liked reading the blurb at the end. Gillen talks a good game and if he can stay faithful to the period, this could provide some rich story telling.

JEEZUS!! I checked tfaw 20 minutes ago and they had uber #0 still available and Uber #1 up for pre order still. As soon as this thread was bumped they are out of stock. You guys crack me up lol

Really? :whistle:

I was skeptical as everything I've read from Avatar is heavy on shock and light on story. However, I read the preview and I am impressed. It captured my interest quickly and I liked reading the blurb at the end. Gillen talks a good game and if he can stay faithful to the period, this could provide some rich story telling.

Thats not really fair on Crossed tbh.

The very first storyline, whilst totally gross, actually WAS a good story.

The next couple - well, not so much.

Wish You Were Here - also a free web-comic is also a reasonably good storyline - but it IS Crossed, so don't expect sunshine and flowers.

Uber will be violent, but I can't see any Ubers having a day out humping Dolphins up their blow-holes (thats a Crossed reference - don't get me started on Garden Implements....)

Uber will be awesome.

The preview was enough to hook me.

30 Tank-Ubers just waiting for the word to go - awesome....

I have absolutely do doubt.

Really - none.

This will be huge.

I hope you jumped on as I suggested :wishluck:

Thats not really fair on Crossed tbh.

The very first storyline, whilst totally gross, actually WAS a good story.

The next couple - well, not so much.

Wish You Were Here - also a free web-comic is also a reasonably good storyline - but it IS Crossed, so don't expect sunshine and flowers.

Uber will be violent, but I can't see any Ubers having a day out humping Dolphins up their blow-holes (thats a Crossed reference - don't get me started on Garden Implements....)

Uber will be awesome.

The preview was enough to hook me.

30 Tank-Ubers just waiting for the word to go - awesome....

How long did the first storyline run? I can't remember what issues I read, I just remember thinking it seemed like an excuse to try and think up the most twisted thing possible. I am a huge horror fan but I insist on a good story. But, I will consider reading the first arc on your recommendation Andy.

August 27th 2008, for 10 episodes - Garth Ennis was the writer.

Its still Crossed, but it has a good story.

Heck I liked it.

"Family values" should have ensured the writer was imprisoned for life.

"Wish You Were Here" is gross, but again,at least has a story, again, I thought it was quite a decent story so far (still on-going) - its here mate if you want to read it.

http://www.crossedcomic.com/category/the-webcomic/

TOTALLY NOT SUITABLE FOR KIDS.

I have absolutely do doubt.

Really - none.

This will be huge.

I hope you jumped on as I suggested :wishluck:

Andy,

I preordered before you made the suggestion and when you backed up how impressed you were with the book that made me have to buy more!! (thumbs u