• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Uber from Avatar

1,083 posts in this topic

is there going to be a corresponding super hero force against the bad guys?

Not too much that should be revealed at this point, though a bunch of character descriptions and design sketches were posted at BC awhile back, including this:

HMH Colossus: Patrick is the first allied Uber. Named after the proto-computer at Bletchley Park. The codebreakers’ HQ is absolutely central to Uber. Amazing buildings. I highly recommend anyone go and visit.

(And, yes, Turing is among the historical figures I have a shot at writing.)

The early allied uniforms are far less ornate than the German ones, simply because they’re being produced on an ad hoc basis.

136510.jpg.36649ed5b2f815465f38c83ee23df95a.jpg

Yeah, what markseifert said. Essentially the Allies will have an answer to the Nazi Ubers but I imagine they would be playing catchup to counter what the Nazis develop...

looks like the presses are wide open and cranking 24/7.

That's what worries me about Avatar and print runs.

so Avatar just keeps printing copies as long as there's demand? Even after the comic is in stores?

Let me nip this in the bud. I'm the co-founder of Avatar, and as you can see from my reg date and post count, a longstanding member of this forum (I spend most of my time in GA, as that's where my personal collecting interests are).

Of course we don't keep the presses running on a given printing of a given book. We operate like every other publisher in the DM (and this book was printed at the same printer who handles DC and numerous other publishers). This book was printed weeks ago, and has been winding its way through the Diamond system since then.

If you have specific questions about this book or any other, you can always feel free to send them to our EIC William Christensen or our VP-Publishing Jim Kuhoric (who some of you may remember from his 15-year stint at Diamond). Just hit the contact form here: http://www.avatarpress.com/contact-us/

Most importantly, THANK YOU for your support of this book. 2013 is going to be a fun year for us (including a new title from Max Brooks of World War Z fame called Extinction Parade, and a new title from George R.R. Martin called Skin Trade), and Uber is a key part of that.

Any idea on the print run on the books?

Uber #0 is 16k total, I don't know offhand how that breaks down per cover, though obviously Blitzkrieg is the rarest version.

That is a fairly high print run for an avatar title, right?

Uber #0 is 16k total, I don't know offhand how that breaks down per cover, though obviously Blitzkrieg is the rarest version.

16,000 total and if Blitzkrieg is 1 every 4 then it should be around 4,000 copies right??

16,000 total and if Blitzkrieg is 1 every 4 then it should be around 4,000 copies right??

Bleedingcool, which is owned by Avatar, said Avatar over printed the variant and still sold out. I think it was probably 5 - 6,000 copies.