• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Uber from Avatar

1,083 posts in this topic

I read issue 1 and didn't get the reference to Her Majesty. The Queen did not accede to the throne until 1952.

King George IV was monarch during WWII.

Gillen seems to be concerned with historical accuracy so was this a slip up or am I missing something? Mind you Churchill had way too much hair as well so perhaps i'm being pedantic. lol

I haven't read #1 yet, unfortunately, so I am basing the following on limited context. Could he have been referring to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother?

That's what I thought but it doesn't work in the context used, (I don't have a copy to hand to give the exact quote).

I read issue 1 and didn't get the reference to Her Majesty. The Queen did not accede to the throne until 1952.

Gillen seems to be concerned with historical accuracy so was this a slip up or am I missing something? Mind you Churchill had way too much hair as well so perhaps i'm being pedantic. lol

Reread the page you were talking about. You are right, it should be HIS Majesty instead of HER Majesty for the time period. Probably something the slipped by the editor.

I was told the #0 enhanced was strictly allocated to shops. My LCS only got 7 copies with 5 going to pull files and me only getting 2 out of a original order of 10.

It was George VI. What kind of Brit are you?? :insane:

And only going to rise with that stupidly small print run.

Nice.

It was George VI. What kind of Brit are you?? :insane:

One who makes typos apparently :tonofbricks:

I read #1 a couple of weeks ago at the Calgary Expo and was very pleased with it. I am curious to see if they have started to hint at who the first Russian Uber will be..........

I don't know when or if there will be a Russian Uber, but the first Allied Uber appears in the pages of the #0 enhanced issue.

I was told the #0 enhanced was strictly allocated to shops. My LCS only got 7 copies with 5 going to pull files and me only getting 2 out of a original order of 10.

You should have gone to the Calgary Expo then - they had a small stack of them at the Avatar booth. :baiting:

I read #1 a couple of weeks ago at the Calgary Expo and was very pleased with it. I am curious to see if they have started to hint at who the first Russian Uber will be..........

I don't know when or if there will be a Russian Uber, but the first Allied Uber appears in the pages of the #0 enhanced issue.

The way they built up that female sniper, and highlighted her in the last panel, made me wonder if she is set up to be Russia's Uber #1.

You should have gone to the Calgary Expo then - they had a small stack of them at the Avatar booth. :baiting:

It takes quite a bit of effort to convince me to spend ANY time in Calgary. lol

The way they built up that female sniper, and highlighted her in the last panel, made me wonder if she is set up to be Russia's Uber #1.

Could be hm , don't know what to make of that character yet.

It takes quite a bit of effort to convince me to spend ANY time in Calgary. lol

It will be interesting to see how many of the Apocalypse sets come back at 9.8. Based on what I saw in the stacks at Calgary, a lot of the copies will be 9.0 to 9.2 due to handling damage on the tables.

I was thinking of snagging 5 sets, but stopped at 2 as I ran out of time flipping through the stacks to pick out NM+ or better copies before the doors opened.

Could be hm , don't know what to make of that character yet.

They spent a lot of time on her in the #1 book. If she is not a Russian Uber, maybe she figures out a way to start killing the German Ubers without a rocket?