• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Uber from Avatar

1,083 posts in this topic

UBER #0 BLITZKRIEG ORDER INCV CVR (NET) (MR) - says status is: LOW.

From the Diamond website.

Wrap cover and propoganda poster is sold out.

Edit: Incentive is now sold out at Midtown and also sold out a few minutes later at Diamond (I'm guessing Midtown or some other big retailer did a restock).

Oh well - Cats out the bag.

Gunna be huge this - huge.

Ordered big numbers on the basis of a few things.

1) The writers insistence of doing solid research of the period to get his 'universe' looking appropriate

2) The artist - over and over again he drew the initial Tank Ubers to get them right.

The finished main 3 Ubers look incredible.

3) Avatar always does a multiple cover. Crossed has been doing one since the beginning - they are all in-house and have not affected Crossed's success.

4) Small print run - Flagship product Crossed is a 9,000 per month issue, with Lady Death a 7,000 (sometimes slightly more) second. That run number for Uber would be great

5) The variants are terrific - cleverly named and totally different - a salutory lesson on how to do them correctly.

Not just changing the colour.

6) Content - WW2 super-monster-soldiers? Nuff said.

I haven't looked forward to a book so much for years, literally years.

I sold a lot of helheims this week so decided to throw my profits into uber to see what happens. I ordered big on this(big for me anyways)

Im interested to see where it goes and intersted to see how issue 0 matches up against issue 1 on the secondary market