• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Restored book what price do you give it?

11 posts in this topic

Maybe half the unrestored value?
less than a third.

Recent ebay sales for a blue 7.5 have been from $242 to $299.On the other hand a PLOD 7.0 (slight) with not only color touch, but a bit of glue and trimming sold for $150 ( which seems high, but ebay is like that).

My feeling is that slight CT is one of the less objectionable resto issues on a book, and if you plan on selling it on ebay start out with something like $150 and have a Best Offer option. A raw 5.0 is worth around $100, which is the least i would expect to sell a copy like this for. The $85 price from last August was likely the result of a low starting bid, even more risky with PLODs than raw copies.

So half of guide but it probably helps its a key book right. If it wasn't a key then a third of guide would be the range.

I just might get it signed just for that nice Lakers label!

Stan's signature can noticeably help restored books. However, on a book like this Stan's signature and associated CGC fees to have the book regraded are going to be more than any increase in value.

1/2 of unrestored is probably too optomistic.There are high and lows in any average, but 1/3 of unrestored is much more likely on this book. The sale from "last August" was only six months ago. 12 months ago a SP 8.0 sold for $130. This book is no more desireable now than it was then. The Avengers movie came out last May, so if anything interest in the book might have been up a bit the few months before and after the movie.

Unless a book with slight restoration doesn't suit your collecting tastes, maybe just enjoy it as it is. It's a nice looking copy.

Good looking book. Do you want to see if the color touch can be removed?

I don't want to put more money into it than what I can get out of it. Unless prices go up then I might reconsider.

Usually an "Amateur" color touch means that Magic Marker was used and there is a bleed thru, so you probably want to skip having the color touch removed because the grade would come down.

I think on "key" issues like this one that pricing it at half the unrestored price would be a good idea.