• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Silver Age Key for $500

49 posts in this topic

I'm surprised that there is no love for Brave and the Bold #54 (1st Teen Titans). You can get a pretty nice copy for $500, and that book has yet to see any big spikes. I think it is due.

+1

DCs

Action 242

Action 252

Superman 123 (pre-Supergirl tryout) Hard to find even in mid-grade. Great cover.

Marvel Comics

Avengers 4

Spiderman 14

X-Men 1 (Though you would have to settle for a low grade copy)

Just my opinion but I don't think you could go wrong with any of these books.

I will add that for the DC books try to find Off White or better though with DC that's not easy.

SLR

i'd take a look at anything early amazing spider man, particularly ASM 14 with green goblin. You can get a decent copy for sub $500. Plus, it is the most easily liquid character/comic run, imo. I also love Captain America #100. Beautiful cover and a sub-key worth getting. While not SA, you can now grab a nice copy of hulk 181 for around 500.

Consider Strange Tales 135 -- first S.H.I.E.L.D. -- but only if you act now. (New TV show on the way.) Based on GPA pricing and your $500 parameter you want to gun for an 8.5 copy -- you might need to do $550.

Action 252 is a safe pick. Somewhat tough book and you might get a 4.0 copy at $500 (should be able to get a 3.5).

I also like ASM 2, 3, 9, 14, and 15 (first Vulture; Doc Ock; Electro; Goblin; and Kraven, respectively). These are first appearances of important bad guys and pre-ASM20 Ditko books, which satisfies a couple of other important collector-investor criteria.

There's a lot of possibilities out there. Buy a book you like that also has good upside.

I am probably also going to be looking at spending $400-500 on a Silver Age key in the next couple of months. I think I might be looking at lower grade stuff though. I've narrowed it down to this list:

Action Comics #252

Strange Tales #110

Sgt. Fury #1

Thoughts?

The Action and ST were the two I was going to post. Go with the ST 110!