• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2nd rarest bronze book ever.

69 posts in this topic

I think the rarest bronze book of all time is the superman giveaway, Supergear comics but the 2nd rarest is this book, Marvel super special 7. This is the holy grail George Perez book and it was never published in the US, only in France and two other countries. This is the French edition. This book is much sought after and it commands between $500 to $1000 if you can find a copy. I have been looking for years for one and I was lucky to find such a high grade copy.

Sgt001_zps8af1a426.jpg

I've never seen that, though I knew it existed, thanks for showing it. I've read that Perez hated how his work turned out in that book so much he's glad it was never printed in the US.

I think the rarest bronze book of all time is the superman giveaway, Supergear comics but the 2nd rarest is this book, Marvel super special 7. This is the holy grail George Perez book and it was never published in the US, only in France and two other countries. This is the French edition. This book is much sought after and it commands between $500 to $1000 if you can find a copy. I have been looking for years for one and I was lucky to find such a high grade copy.

Sgt001_zps8af1a426.jpg

That copy looks amazing! I have also been looking for one. I have never seen one for sale. Where did you find that???

Seems like an awful lot of people know about this book for it to be the second rarest... hm

and number one is the superman giveaway? That's not the Bradman issue is it?

35 cent variant of the Kid Colts, Scooby Doo 1 or Flintstones 1 might give a run for your money.

I think this is more like it! Good call!

Seems like an awful lot of people know about this book for it to be the second rarest... hm

and number one is the superman giveaway? That's not the Bradman issue is it?

35 cent variant of the Kid Colts, Scooby Doo 1 or Flintstones 1 might give a run for your money.

I think this is more like it! Good call!

I have collected well over 25 years and NEVER saw that mag for sale. It's pretty rare.

For the few of you who are in doubt. The Superman comic that I was talking about is NOT the Bradman issue and first of all the Bradman issue is not bronze age and it is not rare. I see it on Ebay every other week. The superman comic I am talking about is from 1976 and is a 2 page giveaway. IT has superman skiing on the cover. The only person I know that has one is overstreet advisor, Al Stoltz and he is a fellow rare comic collector like me. I mostly collect golden age because that is where most of the truly rare comics are. As far as the kid colt, scooby doo, flintstone variant being # 2. I don't think so. The places I look for rare comics, 35 cent variants turn up all the time. I have seen all these variants. I don't really consider variants as true rarities. My marvel super special 7 that I have posted is THE FIRST one I have EVER SEEN in my 22 years of exclusively collecting rare comics and I bought this one from a guy in France. I hope I have cleared up all the doubters because rarity is what I do. This is my game.