• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2014 price predictions- post 'em here!

69 posts in this topic

I thought with all the speculating going on, this would be fun to look back on in a year. So, break out your crystal balls, and put down your 5 price predictions for the year ahead. We can check back here on Jan. 1 2014 to see who came out on top.

1) ToT at $120. Of all the 'show' rumours, this one is probably the best bet, given Kirkman's WD track record.

2) Saga at $100+. A 100+ issue story, according to BKV. Well written, drawn, coloured, with fabulous covers, and huge crossover appeal for the growing number of female collectors. A thoroughbred in a sea of quarterhorses.

3) Hawkeye at $12. Standard Marvel fare. The current creative team leaves, and the spark fades.

4) Chew down 30%. No show, no go. You'd maybe think a bigger drop, but that print run IS pretty small, the book does have a following, and some of the buyers at peak prices may be slow to bail.

5) Bedlam at $4. I don't think we'll see broad appeal here. Enough copies to go around.

What if the Powers Tv show finally airs? Will the new series or any older issues pick up by the end of the year?

Just sold one for $180 I think it was (9.8) so there is still life left in Powers - its finding the raws in the wild thats a bit iffy.

Just checked GPA $187, thats less than $40 under its highest ever selling price.

What if the Powers Tv show finally airs? Will the new series or any older issues pick up by the end of the year?

Just sold one for $180 I think it was (9.8) so there is still life left in Powers - its finding the raws in the wild thats a bit iffy.

Just checked GPA $187, thats less than $40 under its highest ever selling price.

Nice!

I dont have the first volume anymore but I still have vol 2+3 stashed away. The new #1 finally comes out tomorrow but I dont know how much I care to keep up with it since its been so long.

Guess ill keep an eye out and hope the show gets started this year