• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My Grades Are In!!!!!!!! by ThePastorOfMuppets

10 posts in this topic

Its also my first journal

Like anyone else here, it was Christmas for me to see my books were shipped today and my grades were posted. Other than my ColSoc coupon, all my books have been purchased, so i was quite interested in how my eye was for high grade books. I sent 30 books at once, and i was realistic enough to know they would not all come back 9.8 or up.

Now, i primarily collect J. Scott Campbell covers(and i am currently 2nd in the registry set), but i do have an near complete Batman #608-#619 run all in 9.8 and a few others. 27 of my 30 submitted book were JSC covers, the other 3 being DC 1:200's (Justice League #3 and a Batman #2).

I am not going to list all my books/grades here, as i will have them in my set when they arrive in a few days, but in the end i received 13-9.8's, 12-9.6's, 2-9.4's, 1-9.2, and 2-9.0's.

The most notable 9.8's were:

Danger Girl #2 Smoking Gun

Amazing Spider-Man #700 Midtown

Superior Spider-Man #1 Midtown (Love that the connecting covers both got 9.8)

Vampirella Crossover Gallery #1 Holochromium

Justice League #3 1:200

My Danger Girl #2 Smoking Gun Platinum Foil received a 9.6, and i am very happy with that.

I Fast Tracked this order and they were out the door in 12 days. After reading here what some others are dealing with as far as wait times, i think i will be using the Fast Track service exclusively.

I hope you enjoyed my little babble. Thank for reading.

See more journals by ThePastorOfMuppets

Welcome to the Journals

I hope you find writing them to be just as addicting as collecting CGC comics. Or posting pictures in Instagram. Congrats on your grades no matter what grade you received. Glad to hear the fast track is still fast, I very well might use that service at the ECCC. Of course that also means less books graded. Look forward to more journals here and more pictures on Instagram.

Tnerb

Nice to see another member taking the time to jot down their experiences in the journals. Great community of people. I've always like J Scott Campbell's cartoony hot chicks. I browsed your collection...that Warlord of Mars cover, wow. Wait, was I talking about? Oh yeah, congrats on the grades and welcome!

Wow, that's an amazing haul there. Out of curiosity what was wrong with the 2 - 9.0's? I'm getting ready to have a large shipment sent in and from previous experience have learned that the back cover is usually what I miss out on. The variants usually come in those bag and boards already with the label sticker and in the beginning I never worried about them as I figured they should be in amazing condition. But after getting an 8.5 on one and a 7.0 on another that actually had what looked to be a weird bite mark I have since always opened them just to check. But if there is anything else to look at prior the lesson learned would be extremely helpful.

Also wlecome to the Journals. Between sending in for slabs, grabing variants, picking up original art, and getting the commissions, posting on here is just as addicting to me.

Surfer - checked out the JSC cover you mentioned....um what's the comic about I completely got lost in that one. I saw girl and funny looking midget guy and more girl....love his art.

I am not yet sure why 2 of my books received 9.0. They will be here by 5pm tomorrow and i will have a better idea. I looked all of my submitted books over, front and back cover as well as made sure all of the pages were there and in tact. I would have never sent books that i felt would grade so low (for modern books). The graders obviously caught something i missed. Oh well, I am not a person who thinks every book I own is 9.8+. I would only ever purchase a 9.8 book, but submitting books is a different animal.

Got my grades and 1 day early only 99 Business days! woooo hooo.Sadly all but 2 grades was lower then expected. 3 were WAY lower then expected. Cat wait to get them and pull the notes to see if they might have been damaged in shipping.