• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The 90-90-90 Rule

40 posts in this topic

Ok,

I'll bite. In terms you can understand.

If there were 14,000 uninsured Dodge Neon's with NASCAR or Wrestling stickers littering the windows.

And 2,000 Dodge Neons with clean windows...

Ohh never mind.

Now I see why so many people on these boards don't seem to like you. (thumbs u

Ok,

If there were 14,000 uninsured Dodge Neon's with NASCAR or Wrestling stickers littering the windows.

And 2,000 Dodge Neons with clean windows...

Ohh never mind.

Now I see why so many people on these boards don't seem to like you. (thumbs u

smooooch

Ok,

If there were 14,000 uninsured Dodge Neon's with NASCAR or Wrestling stickers littering the windows...for sticker price.

And 2,000 Dodge Neons with clean windows...at 5 times the sticker price

Ohh never mind.

ok, got it.

So the print run for Revival #6 Phantom variant is about 2800 copies? Really that's not a whole lot for a book that is collected like Revival is.

You gotta figure that half of them, or more, have problems like the spine dings and small tears, so saying there's only 1000 NM-MT copies isn't much of stretch. Good book to have down the road

ok.

There are 14,000+ Revival 6's

20% of them are Phantom variants.

What do YOU think will be worth more in 10 years?

I know what I'm banking on...

The rare book ALWAYS wins.

Currently: Revival 6 $3 - $6, Phantom $8 - $10.

The Regular has a chick in red underwear, the Phantom has a dude with a beer. In 10 years no one will think much about this series, but fanboys being fanboys the cover with the chick will sell faster on ebay for 99¢

So the print run for Revival #6 Phantom variant is about 2800 copies? Really that's not a whole lot for a book that is collected like Revival is.

You gotta figure that half of them, or more, have problems like the spine dings and small tears, so saying there's only 1000 NM-MT copies isn't much of stretch. Good book to have down the road

And I have six in 9.8 blue labels already.

I don't see any variant losing 90% of it's value....

so a $20 variant is going to be worth $2 in 90 days? I don't think even an Epic Kill variant would drop that much.

Of course not! An Epic Kill variant would have to increase in value 900% to get to $2.

ok.

There are 14,000+ Revival 6's

20% of them are Phantom variants.

What do YOU think will be worth more in 10 years?

I know what I'm banking on...

The rare book ALWAYS wins.

lol

No it doesn't. I like what you do for comics Larry but you don't have to look any further than Invincible. Your variant, which is the rare version, doesn't command the dollars of the 1st print. How long has Invincible been around?

If a certain variant won't ever be available for cover price anywhere, why not just print the price at $65 on the cover within the artwork? I'm not talking about 1:100 sketch variants, obviously. I'm thinking more along the lines of why I'll never have a complete Bedlam set

I have a set of variants for the image series "Turf" - 1# phantom, 3# 1:25 + #5 1:50 - I can't seem to give them away. Despite the cpg pricing for them.

This will go down in history as your first post.

Welcome to the b o a r d s

Damn I should have made a joke or something.

Nope....nope, I got nothin.

Thanks for the welcome :)

I have a set of variants for the image series "Turf" - 1# phantom, 3# 1:25 + #5 1:50 - I can't seem to give them away. Despite the cpg pricing for them.

This will go down in history as your first post.

Welcome to the b o a r d s

Damn I should have made a joke or something.

Nope....nope, I got nothin.

Thanks for the welcome :)

Two noobs stumble into a chat thread...

:jokealert: sorry :foryou:

If a certain variant won't ever be available for cover price anywhere, why not just print the price at $65 on the cover within the artwork? I'm not talking about 1:100 sketch variants, obviously. I'm thinking more along the lines of why I'll never have a complete Bedlam set

you will one day, just be patience>>in a few years they will fall.