• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Would you alter a pedigree'd book?

29 posts in this topic

Now, if we are talking about Church books or some other GA Pedigrees, thats a different story in my mind. A book that sat unaltered since the 30's-40's, i wouldnt touch. SA Pedigrees, it doesnt bother me at all.

Messing with a GA Church book is like suggesting Marilyn Monroe get a boob job.

The original is perfect.

Not necessarily. Some of the Church books have been worked on, including receiving some CT. :o

Now, if we are talking about Church books or some other GA Pedigrees, thats a different story in my mind. A book that sat unaltered since the 30's-40's, i wouldnt touch. SA Pedigrees, it doesnt bother me at all.

The original is perfect.

Not necessarily. Some of the Church books have been worked on, including receiving some CT. :o

Seriously? Wow...was this after Mile High sold the collection?

The original is perfect.

Seriously? Wow...was this after Mile High sold the collection?

...there was a lengthy thread in GA about the details.....someone over there might have a link. It was mostly very minor stuff....after all, those books didn't need much help. Color touch and very small amounts of glue were the chief proceedures done. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I have a question about CGC Pedigree designation. Years ago I bought some Spokanes from Metropolis.

Only the tag on the Mylar said “Spokane”, no certificate. CGC gave them the Spokane pedigree.

A few years later I bought 3 Arora books from the same dealer with just the tag saying “Arora”, no coa.

One of these books I sent to PGX for grading. I know, I know. I was naïve back then. PGX did not state Arora copy.

I’m now cracking all of the PGX books in my collection for resubmission to CGC. I no longer have the original tag saying Arora for this book. The book has the red grease pencil writing like many of the Arora books. Do you think it will get a pedigree status on the label without any coa or tag stating it’s pedigree?

It would help to submit through the proper channels.....someone in the know who can point it out on the form and whose opinion CGC respects. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Pressing can damage books! For one thing, it can cause tearing at the staples. I wouldn't recommend pressing a rare book. If you're trying to make money, I also woudn't break a book out of an old-label holder just to press it. I'll pay more for an old-label 8.0 than I will for a new-label 9.0 because I more or less assume that most new-label books have been pressed.

I have a question about CGC Pedigree designation. Years ago I bought some Spokanes from Metropolis.

Only the tag on the Mylar said “Spokane”, no certificate. CGC gave them the Spokane pedigree.

A few years later I bought 3 Arora books from the same dealer with just the tag saying “Arora”, no coa.

One of these books I sent to PGX for grading. I know, I know. I was naïve back then. PGX did not state Arora copy.

I’m now cracking all of the PGX books in my collection for resubmission to CGC. I no longer have the original tag saying Arora for this book. The book has the red grease pencil writing like many of the Arora books. Do you think it will get a pedigree status on the label without any coa or tag stating it’s pedigree?

the quality of the pages and the grease mark should be enough to determine Aurora authenticity.

If you bought them from Metro you can go through your order history and print out an old invoice if that's the case. works for me ;)