• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CLOSED

229 posts in this topic

BotB has become a joke as has much of the threads in SS recently. I too am lost when people refer to the "illuminati." That too is a joke. When I think of individuals that have been instrumental to the development of the program, none of which are among that group (I'm not sure who makes up the group in its entirety - just noticed some people's sig line).
I still say my remark is better than yours. Im going over the sketch illuminati to get your victory revoked. Ive already had a meeting with SS sketch council. I have sacrificed a virgin (cover) to the sketch gods. If necessary i will fight you to the death as proclaimed by the sketch prophecies.

The sig banner will be mine.

BotB has become a joke as has much of the threads in SS recently. I too am lost when people refer to the "illuminati." That too is a joke. When I think of individuals that have been instrumental to the development of the program, none of which are among that group (I'm not sure who makes up the group in its entirety - just noticed some people's sig line).
I still say my remark is better than yours. Im going over the sketch illuminati to get your victory revoked. Ive already had a meeting with SS sketch council. I have sacrificed a virgin (cover) to the sketch gods. If necessary i will fight you to the death as proclaimed by the sketch prophecies.

The sig banner will be mine.

Don't forget to hold a sketch conclave. Look for the white smoke.

In reality none of the BotB should of happened for this exact reason. Some owners would argue that their covers should of won because it was done by a classic creator, while others argued that they spent way more than the average person so theirs should be the best. This was all supposed to be in good fun, and some people missed that. 

As far as the illuminaty, calling people names out of spite and anger is not only immature, it just out right rude. If you think the BotB concept is a joke, then by all means keep it to yourself. No one is forcing you to vote, or submit your books

Enough negative Bull has been spread around here by those who don't contribute to the SS Forum. If you, or anyone else thinks they can do better, then come up with ideas and a solution.

Jamie, please do not get upset by this. While the competitions started out as a completely fun and collegial exercise, since the imposition of the self- imposed Illuminati (completely hilarious in light of who they are) it has sunk into stupidity and become the dictatorial playground of some fools.

The real Illuminati are the trailblazers and people who invented the SS sketch covers, and took them to the next level - you, Fred and Pops, Raphael, Dan p., BK, the NYC boys, AlexH, Kevin Boyd, secret son, comic junkie, JJ, pirate (1st sketch opps ever) Torrey, and I apologize to everyone I have forgotten. It is not meant to be a slight, just a nod to people that were getting sketch covers from legends before the supposed Illuminati even registered.

Kudos to the illuminati for tuning a fun and collegial gathering of like-minded collectors into a jackbooted fascist dumbassfest.

"Mr. Hubble says trophies are for people with self-esteem issues."

OK I just wake up and see all that. I know this thread is closed but I really wanted to explain myself a little.

First of all I want to apologise to the members Nina Shinobu and Alphatrion1. In no way I wanted to insult you Nina.

I only invoked rules #3 because I read in the thread that both sketches were listed as having the same owner on CAF, that's all. I got no bad intention or wanted to show disrecpect.

Now on another subject, many members are wondering WHO are the Sketch Illuminati and how this work? So tonight I will write a post that explain WHO we are, WHO can jump in and what are our role.

I can assure you that we are only doing this for fun and no one in the group want to dictated anything to anyone.

Thanks you!

Does anyone know what 'illuminati' actually means?

I like 'Sketchies' better...feel free to use it...

Love,

JJ

Does it have something to do with wattage?

Does anyone know what 'illuminati' actually means?

The the group actually named themselves and this was the only thing I could think of...followed by a quote from Inigo Montoya.

Poor judgement on the part of the people running this one. Cancelling the whole thing because the 2 sketches are posted on a completely different website under the same gallery. Obviously the only conclusion is that they're owned by the same person (even though the name of the gallery is "Fred and Jamie Hausen"...belated congrats on the wedding, by the way.) In my mind, there was no confusion that the Firestar sketch belonged to Jamie. I've known that sketch for years to belong to Jamie, hence why my nomination specifically named Jamie as the owner.

Even though in my mind, both sketches were eligible, Fred played along by the rules set forth by the "illuminati" and said only the Romita would compete. Even so, the thread was killed. This was a good chance for someone who had never won one of these contests to win, be included, and have fun. Isn't that the point of this? Instead, she was disrespected and ignored.

One final note...Fred and Jamie aren't the only ones who share a collection. Mad-dogz often posts his brother's sketches on here and NYComics has been posting their joint collection for years...well before ohHydra (or whatever Chris is going by these days) even had an account. Even though they share their collections jointly, each member still feels as though they own some more than others. Who's to say we haven't seen different sketches from the same collection compete before? hm

Jamie, please do not get upset by this. While the competitions started out as a completely fun and collegial exercise, since the imposition of the self- imposed Illuminati (completely hilarious in light of who they are) it has sunk into stupidity and become the dictatorial playground of some fools.

The real Illuminati are the trailblazers and people who invented the SS sketch covers, and took them to the next level - you, Fred and Pops, Raphael, Dan p., BK, the NYC boys, AlexH, Kevin Boyd, secret son, comic junkie, JJ, pirate (1st sketch opps ever) Torrey, and I apologize to everyone I have forgotten. It is not meant to be a slight, just a nod to people that were getting sketch covers from legends before the supposed Illuminati even registered.

Kudos to the illuminati for tuning a fun and collegial gathering of like-minded collectors into a jackbooted fascist dumbassfest.

"Mr. Hubble says trophies are for people with self-esteem issues."

lol nice one.

To me the logical posts that makes sense are coming from people who are not in the illuminati.

I still see 3 firestars 3 different people.............So where is my poll to vote in?

You all are lawyers and rule makers......nobody answered my question----What letter in rule 11- a, b or c was the reason for closing the contest?

To me the logical posts that makes sense are coming from people who are not in the illuminati.

I still see 3 firestars 3 different people.............So where is my poll to vote in?

You all are lawyers and rule makers......nobody answered my question----What letter in rule 11- a, b or c was the reason for closing the contest?

+1