• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CLOSED

229 posts in this topic

:o I am running the polls from now on (at least I think I am according to a group pm) and I can tell you that there is no way in hell I want to create a poll with that many sketch covers. Lets use BOTB Cheung as an example: Mad-Dogz owns like 30+ Cheungs no way in hell I want to type out 30+ Cheungs for one person lol

:sumo:

:o I am running the polls from now on (at least I think I am according to a group pm) and I can tell you that there is no way in hell I want to create a poll with that many sketch covers. Lets use BOTB Cheung as an example: Mad-Dogz owns like 30+ Cheungs no way in hell I want to type out 30+ Cheungs for one person lol

True.........

But if someone submits multiple entries, they actually limit their ability to challenge later because they've already "burned" that entry. So I don't think you'll see a lot of that. Just an idea......

And if Mad-Dogz subs 30 Cheungs, then you'd better post them up for us to see!!!! :baiting:

True.........

But if someone submits multiple entries, they actually limit their ability to challenge later because they've already "burned" that entry. So I don't think you'll see a lot of that. Just an idea......

And if Mad-Dogz subs 30 Cheungs, then you'd better post them up for us to see!!!! :baiting:

if and I say that very lightly because I dont really think that the rule should change. If Jason subbed 30 cheungs I would quit. no way I would sit here typing that out. lol

Maybe the solution lies in less rules. If someone wants to submit multiple entries in a contest, let them. They can only vote once. Does it really matter who owns the sketch? The point is to get to see some one-of-a-kind sketches. And if someone wants to challenge their own winning sketch, again, does it really matter? We get to see another great submission. I'm just thinking that might make things easier. I have no dog in this fight, just something to consider......
+1

The rules are fine as they are.

I think ONE ENTRY PER INDIVIDUAL is more than fair. This is what this whole thing really boils down to in the first place.

Dark Prime 0 posted his cover sketch.

Peter Palmner nominated Jaime's skecth cover. Jaime/Nina then posted her sketch herself.

Fred/Alpha then posted his sketch cover.

It was pretty obvious if you actually look at the posts that there were three sketch covers by three different board members right there for a challenge. Who cares if two of the competitors are married? There were only 3 for the Super Skrull challenge and that went off fine.

But b/c of one overly antagonistic Mr. Starpc, this thing got way out of hand. Because both sketches were posted in same CAF (does Starpc 'cross-reference' everyone who posts their sketch cover for a challenge on CAF?) and instead of seeking clarification PRIVATELY, he accused one board member (while ignoring another one) of some grand conspiracy and that Fred was "not fooling anyone".

I am also in favour of continuing to allow for 'obscure' characters. I'd like to see the lesser known characters get a chance to shine, even if there are only a few, instead of seeing the one-millionth Batman sketch or the same sketch listed in different challenges.

I don't know what went on or has gone on in the past, but it seems like there are some previous negative social dynamics at play here between some board members and I think all the main actors in this drama could have behaved better.

Now, can we just get on with it and see some more and new art???????????????????

The rules are fine as they are.

I think ONE ENTRY PER INDIVIDUAL is more than fair. This is what this whole thing really boils down to in the first place.

Dark Prime 0 posted his cover sketch.

Peter Palmner nominated Jaime's skecth cover. Jaime/Nina then posted her sketch herself.

Fred/Alpha then posted his sketch cover.

It was pretty obvious if you actually look at the posts that there were three sketch covers by three different board members right there for a challenge. Who cares if two of the competitors are married? There were only 3 for the Super Skrull challenge and that went off fine.

But b/c of one overly antagonistic Mr. Starpc, this thing got way out of hand. Because both sketches were posted in same CAF (does Starpc 'cross-reference' everyone who posts their sketch cover for a challenge on CAF?) and instead of seeking clarification PRIVATELY, he accused one board member (while ignoring another one) of some grand conspiracy and that Fred was "not fooling anyone".

I am also in favour of continuing to allow for 'obscure' characters. I'd like to see the lesser known characters get a chance to shine, even if there are only a few, instead of seeing the one-millionth Batman sketch or the same sketch listed in different challenges.

I don't know what went on or has gone on in the past, but it seems like there are some previous negative social dynamics at play here between some board members and I think all the main actors in this drama could have behaved better.

Now, can we just get on with it and see some more and new art???????????????????

a new BOTB thread has been started and new challengers are already being posted in the wonder woman thread.

hey doug can you list the illuminati group?

just so theres no confusion thx

Not sure what is happening with that Mike so I dont want to post anything at the moment. I believe some changes are being made as this whole thing left a bad taste in several mouths.

You guys should draft a written set of rules, amendable only by a clear 2/3 supermajority of all board members, past and present. Of course the rules governing the rule creating process need to be drafted first and approved by CGC. When things as delicate as people's feeling are at stake, it's best to be thorough and transparent.

Best of luck.