• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CLOSED

229 posts in this topic

Wow what is going on in here?

For someone to act like a sketch dictator Illuminati whatever and decide that this cannot be a legit contest or legit entry..........then go ahead and claim that the sketch ops are run by the people seems pretty silly to me.

I know for a fact that Fred and his wife are both collectors. I have had them both sit on my back porch and watched them both list off their favorite artists for hours.....

They sure as heck have been around here alot longer than a starpc or Erikb so I don't know who they are to just pull this contest.....

Jamie I am sorry you got so insulted. I would be too!

All the best,

Sean

We are invoking rule 11. alpha - Please pick a new category. If you choose not to, we will leave it up to a public poll for the next category.

11) The winner decides the next category.

a) It can be something simple as Best of the Best %character% or %artist%; or something as complex as Best of the Best Blue Pants (character must be wearing blue pants lol ).

b) It can be as narrow or broad as the winner wants. Let your imagination run wild.

c) If it is so narrow that only one book can compete, the winner must pick a new category. If no new category can be picked, a new one will be selected based on a public poll.

To me this is funny as well.

How can you invoke this rule? What letter listed in the rule fits what is going on here?

I see 3 Sketch Covers so far ???

Wow..... Jamie you ROCK! Stand your ground!

Its a shame that you felt disrespected and this poll was closed, the Romita is amazing and rightfully deserves the title.

Long live the Sketch QUEEN, Jamie Hausen (worship)

Fred your cool too :)

Who is all in this "illuminati"? Adonis? Brian? I would like to hear your opinion on this as well.

Brian isn't in the Illuminati. But I just chuckled when you assumed that somehow he and I were tied into it.

I look at it this way, since I'm now reading and posting the entire thread.

I believe that those involved had reservations as to who actually owned the covers. Prima facia evidence is sort of hard to tell with a CAF listed with both names.

That would be like me having a CAF page and calling it "Adonis' and Oliver's CGC Collection". Oliver is my two year old son...how could he have one.

The best approach should of been that either Fred or Jamie...or better yet..BOTH should of claimed their own (This was done, no?). But when you delete your CAF because of restructuring in the middle of a contest...well it looks suspicious to others.

Either way, this is all done in good fun.

[font:Book Antiqua]It looks like starpc yield in favor of alphatrion1

and declare him the winner without the legal contest...

In any case

I considere Fred and Jamie 2 diferent contest

and the game should follow their natural course...

Jamie opinion should be taken in consideration,

also she should take a more classy approach...

And yes there is a illuminati group,

not to be considered superior

just to make the rules and takes the proper decisions...[/font]

2c

Who is all in this "illuminati"? Adonis? Brian? I would like to hear your opinion on this as well.

Brian isn't in the Illuminati. But I just chuckled when you assumed that somehow he and I were tied into it.

I look at it this way, since I'm now reading and posting the entire thread.

I believe that those involved had reservations as to who actually owned the covers. Prima facia evidence is sort of hard to tell with a CAF listed with both names.

That would be like me having a CAF page and calling it "Adonis' and Oliver's CGC Collection". Oliver is my two year old son...how could he have one.

The best approach should of been that either Fred or Jamie...or better yet..BOTH should of claimed their own (This was done, no?). But when you delete your CAF because of restructuring in the middle of a contest...well it looks suspicious to others.

Either way, this is all done in good fun.

I don't know who is on this "illuminati" I would like to here from every1.... So was this a unanimous vote within the illuminati? I'm just wanting answers and Nina is getting ignored.... Isn't this supposed to be best of the best?

BotB has become a joke as has much of the threads in SS recently. I too am lost when people refer to the "illuminati." That too is a joke. When I think of individuals that have been instrumental to the development of the program, none of which are among that group (I'm not sure who makes up the group in its entirety - just noticed some people's sig line).

BotB has become a joke as has much of the threads in SS recently. I too am lost when people refer to the "illuminati." That too is a joke. When I think of individuals that have been instrumental to the development of the program, none of which are among that group (I'm not sure who makes up the group in its entirety - just noticed some people's sig line).

respectfully I have to disagree here Andy nothing but love for you sir :foryou:

Adonis - runs opps and is huge into promoting the sketch cover project

Erik - runs the best of the best website

Greedo - started the best of the best

Starpc - has been running it for the last 6+ months

those 4 right there are a huge part of what started the best of the best and kept it going. All 4 of them are in the illmuinati.

As for who can be in it I am pretty sure its open to everyone who wants to participate and has the time. Steven made an open post about it and asked for people to volunteer. Heck last week Jason joined up, how did he get in? He pmed Steven and asked. Its not some huge secret club but it is funny to see everyone get all worked up over it.

Just an idea, and maybe a stupid one at that, but why not amend Rule 11 with something like, in the event that a couple owns two competing sketches there must be at least 3 competitors total for the poll to continue?

Some might see it as fudging, but they are two individuals and both should be allowed to play. No offense here, but at this point it appears that one of the party is pretty much hosed from being able to take part because she is not the 'main' collector of the two.

Just my 2c.

As one of the "Illuminati" I'm very disappointed with this has turned out.

The whole point of the BotB was to show awesome sketches & having fun.

The fact the winner picked a character that most of us don't have in their collection was odd.

Also,the fact that 2 of the 3 sketches are own by the same people was odd too.

If Nina said that her sketch,she should post it.

But there's so much controversy over this that we decided to close the contest.

Please,don't hate on us for this.

We're trying to do the best that we can to make these contests fun.

As one of the "Illuminati" I'm very disappointed with this has turned out.

The whole point of the BotB was to show awesome sketches & having fun.

The fact the winner picked a character that most of us don't have in their collection was odd.

Also,the fact that 2 of the 3 sketches are own by the same people was odd too.

If Nina said that her sketch,she should post it.

But there's so much controversy over this that we decided to close the contest.

Please,don't hate on us for this.

We're trying to do the best that we can to make these contests fun.

what's the point of botb if u suppress it?