• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hurricane Season

70 posts in this topic

I left Tampa and found shelter in a place right in the path of the storm

Did you have Helen Hunt to snuggle up with you? smirk.gif

Seriously, I'm glad you're ok, and hope everyone else from that area is fine, too.

Well, I just watched a fly-over of Sanibel, Captiva, and a few of the surrounding islands... and there's just not a lot left.

Captiva appears to be mostly underwater, the beaches (artificially re-formed over the last few years via dredging) are gone, the houses are utterly destroyed... very bad.

Sanibel... I've never seen anything like it. There were places where new "passes" had formed STRAIGHT THROUGH the island. It's as horrifying as it is spectacular.

frown.gif To all our Floridian forumites, I hope you're all doing okay.

(For those interested, here's a link to the local news channel who performed they flyover.)

A spot of "good" news, I think the guy doing the broadcast was confused... I think they're looking at North Captiva where the BIG new pass has formed. North Captiva is a "private" island (like a gated community) and is VERY sparsely populated. (Beyond that, it is populated by people who can afford to LIVE on a private island, so there you go.)

South Captiva appears to be mostly under water, though... I can't imagine what that's going to do to so small a landmass over ANY amount of time. Erosion has always been a problem there; this can't be good for the overall "structural integrity" of the island.

For those of you who were worried about little ol' NewtSamson....I'm alright.

The storm was headed for me, but out of some strange twist of fate the storm changed course once it hit land, and I ended up missing the storm tottaly.

No rain, no wind....normal day outside.

I lost hours at work because they sent everyone home early....but at least I'm still alive.

I feel really bad for those people a hundred or two miles south of me. I wish them the best. hi.gif

The storm was headed for me, but out of some strange twist of fate the storm changed course once it hit land, and I ended up missing the storm tottaly.

I lost hours at work because they sent everyone home early....but at least I'm still alive.

I feel really bad for those people a hundred or two miles south of me. I wish them the best. hi.gif

COOL..... NOW STAY AWAY FROM THOSES FROZEEN MILK SHAKES.!!! 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

COOL..... NOW STAY AWAY FROM THOSES FROZEEN MILK SHAKES.!!! 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

But...they are just so darn good. Picture444.jpg

But...they are just so darn good. Picture444.jpg

you silly silly man 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gifmakepoint.gifsign-funnypost.gifgrin.gif