• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hurricane Season

70 posts in this topic

news.gif

Update, Sarasota is one possible landfall area for Hurricane Charlie. As of now we are in it's path, however that path may change overnight or after it hits Cuba. Winds are at 105 MPH and are expected to increase. The outer ridges of Charlie are just now hitting the Florida keys.

For all of you with comics (and coins) at CGC, do not worry, the vault is air and water tight! We spent most of the afternoon with tarps covering up equipment, computers, etc.

Lets hope it passes quickly! 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

West

news.gif

Update, Sarasota is one possible landfall area for Hurricane Charlie. As of now we are in it's path, however that path may change overnight or after it hits Cuba. Winds are at 105 MPH and are expected to increase. The outer ridges of Charlie are just now hitting the Florida keys.

For all of you with comics (and coins) at CGC, do not worry, the vault is air and water tight! We spent most of the afternoon with tarps covering up equipment, computers, etc.

West

Good luck! My parents have had a condo down on Sanibel Island (just south of you guys) for the last 20 years, so we have lots of friends down that way and we're watching what's happening VERY closely. Those can be some exciting storms... Hang in there!

893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I'm in Florida folks. I'm gonna get hit by it a bit. I went through Andrew and many other hurricanes so I'm cool with this one coming.

Oh I keep hearing them mentioning Sarasota on the weather channel, it's definately gonna get hit with something.

I'm sure it is and not trying to alarm anyone.....but when Andrew destroyed Homestead AFB in 1992, it took out a pretty sturdy SCIF (vault-like classifed holding facility). Was fine the day before. The day after, the concrete walls were still there but the roof and all that was inside, other than the 900 pound safes (and they were jostled around), was gone.

Jim

news.gif

West

Hope you didn't lock anyone in the vault? I can see the headlines now "man spends his last few breaths reading comics as he is found underneath a pile of cracked slabbs".

Just curious but that vault must be the size of a greyhound bus? You guys must have more than one?

news.gif

West

Bad news for Sarasota - Charley is now Category 4 with 145 mph winds and it's headed right for you. They adjusted the track south (good news for my in-laws in Madeira Beach and Clearwater Beach, but bad news for you guys), and I just read that "An expected massive storm surge could devastate coastal and low-lying areas in...Sarasota...".

Be safe!! 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

yea sarasota is gonna get hit bad.

They just sent me home from work because of the storm

...you sure it wasn't cause you had half a spoon sticking out of your nose, and blood dripping down your face?

yea sarasota is gonna get hit bad.

They just sent me home from work because of the storm

...you sure it wasn't cause you had half a spoon sticking out of your nose, and blood dripping down your face?

You got me. sorry.gif

Anyone want me to drive quickly to Sarasota and save your books before they blow away?

My thoughts are with you guys. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Thanks. I'm gonna get pretty bad winds myself. I'm not gonna be in the major part of the storm, but I'm gonna get winds that are strong enough to rip trees out of the ground and cause power outages, so I am in as much danger.

I currently am in a Hurricaine wind warning, a tornado watch, and a flooding watch.

I currently am in a Hurricaine wind warning, a tornado watch, and a flooding watch.

Jeez. But apart from that, everything's okay, eh? Sorry, probably not the best time for gallows humor. I guess evacuation is (and was, over the last few days) a non-option?

Jeez. But apart from that, everything's okay, eh? Sorry, probably not the best time for gallows humor. I guess evacuation is (and was, over the last few days) a non-option?

lol I'm okay...and you need a sense of humor in time's like these.

I mean after all I laughed at a projectile spoon stabing me in my nose in that other thread from earlier today.

I mean after all I laughed at a projectile spoon stabing me in my nose in that other thread from earlier today.

Sounds like a B feature for the main event (the Hurricane) - "Attack of The Projectile Spoons".

Sounds like a B feature for the main event (the Hurricane) - "Attack of The Projectile Spoons".

lol so true. popcorn.gif

My thoughts are with you guys. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Thanks. I'm gonna get pretty bad winds myself. I'm not gonna be in the major part of the storm, but I'm gonna get winds that are strong enough to rip trees out of the ground and cause power outages, so I am in as much danger.

Bummer, but do you still have internet access? confused-smiley-013.gif