• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Five Ghosts
1 1

3,680 posts in this topic

First off: nomination to Frank for the re-iteration of one of the coolest lines from Shakespeare:

"Hell is empty and the devils are here".

You just don't see that in comics generally. It's great to have a bit of cultured spice thrown into my monthly indulgences.

Secondly: It's cool to see some official discussion of the intent to move forwards with Five Ghosts. In this month's installment of Ghost Letters Frank states "we're often asked how long we plan on doing Five ghosts, and the short answer is "as long as you'll read it.""

I know it's been mentioned here and elsewhere that this was slated to be an ongoing shortly after release...but to hear it crystallized is reassuring I'm certain to many readers that may have been put off by a "mini". It also gives more opportunity to become invested in the main characters and see where the story takes them. I'm in for the ride regardless.

Very cool Frank and Kudos to both you and Chris...who I know is laboring hard to knock out issue #4.

Even though I previously took a few pictures of these to post....I just got some high resolution scans of the OA I procured from the first issue & thought I'd share with the gang:

STAPLES_IMAGE_1opt_page_1.jpg

STAPLES_IMAGE_2opt_page_1.jpg

STAPLES_IMAGE_3opt_page_1.jpg

Those pages are GReAT! To say I'm jealous of those is an understatement! Beautiful OA collection overall you got going. Cheers!

Edited by cbaileypacker

Yes, congrats on the OA. I've shown Mooneyham's art to other artists and everyone agrees-- the boy's got the goods.

Read issue #3 over the weekend. It's not a challenging or demanding read. But what it is is FUN (the opposite of NOWHERE MEN, for better or for worse). Frank and Chris like a lot of the same geeky stuff I like, and this series is a distillation of those interests. HELHEIM has a similar appeal for me. I'm really looking forward to the next issue.

Yes, congrats on the OA. I've shown Mooneyham's art to other artists and everyone agrees-- the boy's got the goods.

Read issue #3 over the weekend. It's not a challenging or demanding read. But what it is is FUN (the opposite of NOWHERE MEN, for better or for worse). Frank and Chris like a lot of the same geeky stuff I like, and this series is a distillation of those interests. HELHEIM has a similar appeal for me. I'm really looking forward to the next issue.

+1 (thumbs u

5g.jpg

Just a shout out to Larry for this. Thank you! I love this cover and the sigs look great in silver. I'm oh so happy with it.

Glad you enjoy the book.

My signature submission was really solid.

IO was worried about the consistent spine crease, present on the entire run, but they are non color breaking & pressed out nicely.

Chris & Frank are building a monster fan-base in my area.

I was wondering if anyone could suggest anything (new or old) that resembles Five Ghosts. I really enjoy everything about this comic and was looking for something similar to read between issues. Don't hold back! Any suggestions are appreciated!

Less than a week until issue 4! :headbang:

For those who don't mind a brief spoiler or two--preview of #4 out this Wednesday! Really proud of this issue, and I know I may be biased, but I don't think there's going to be anything else really like it on the stands, despite being an amazing day for new comics! http://www.comicosity.com/preview-five-ghosts-the-haunting-of-fabian-gray-4/

-Frank

For those who don't mind a brief spoiler or two--preview of #4 out this Wednesday! Really proud of this issue, and I know I may be biased, but I don't think there's going to be anything else really like it on the stands, despite being an amazing day for new comics! http://www.comicosity.com/preview-five-ghosts-the-haunting-of-fabian-gray-4/

-Frank

:applause:

-Frank

:thumbsup: