• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Five Ghosts
1 1

3,680 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

I'll definitely look into getting a small run of sketch covers done for #6--but due to time frame, might have to make it issue 7.

Definitely excited for this Frank! Thanks for sharing all the news. I have a #1 2nd print SS that should be arriving at my door today. Can't wait! :taptaptap:

Also--I will have prints at SDCC. I'll have the traditional "ad" print (pictured above by Machiavelli) as well as the "skull print" from the #1 variant. However, DON'T GO CRAZY TRYING TO GET THESE--in August I will have them for sale in a webstore I've been setting up. I will have ample copies of *both* prints available as well as some other new goodies.

I just wanted to say I think it is fantastic that you give the personal touch on this site. You put out a really cool book and always keep us informed about the stuff that we wouldn't have access to otherwise. I appreciate it and I hope you have great success with this and any other title you put out.

Also--I will have prints at SDCC. I'll have the traditional "ad" print (pictured above by Machiavelli) as well as the "skull print" from the #1 variant. However, DON'T GO CRAZY TRYING TO GET THESE--in August I will have them for sale in a webstore I've been setting up. I will have ample copies of *both* prints available as well as some other new goodies.

I just wanted to say I think it is fantastic that you give the personal touch on this site. You put out a really cool book and always keep us informed about the stuff that we wouldn't have access to otherwise. I appreciate it and I hope you have great success with this and any other title you put out.

:golfclap:

:golfclap:

^^:applause:

I certainly appreciate all the enthusiasm and support you guys have for the book! It's definitely been a huge help to have a community rallying behind it, and I'm certainly nothing but eternally grateful as it's given us the opportunity to continue as an ongoing series.

I'll certainly do my best to offer very fun, cool things every chance I get! I don't want anyone to get left out, but making things a bit more exclusive (i.e. only doing 50 copies of our SDCC set) does make things more interesting, but there will be many more cool things coming down the line, and hopefully something I can offer exclusively to the fine folks here on these boards.

Hope to see some of you in San Diego! I'll also be at Baltimore in September, then Chris and I will *both* be at NYCC (our one year anniversary so to speak) and have lots of cool stuff. I'll bug Chris to get a better idea of when he's going to open up OA sales as well.

Thanks again, guys!

-Frank

Ah, almost forgot--this is my FINAL schedule for SDCC:

SATURDAY

Dark Horse Comics Booth: 12-1pm with Micah Kaneshiro (the fabulous artist of BLACKOUT), Josh Williamson, Raymond Swanland, Tim Seeley and Mike Norton.

Image Comics Genre Fiction Panel: 1pm-2pm, Room 7AB, with Ed Brubaker, Tim Seeley, Mike Norton, Kurtis J. Wiebe, and Ron Marz.

Image Comics Booth: 2-4pm, SIGNING!

SUNDAY

Image Comics Booth: 10-12am

I certainly appreciate all the enthusiasm and support you guys have for the book! It's definitely been a huge help to have a community rallying behind it, and I'm certainly nothing but eternally grateful as it's given us the opportunity to continue as an ongoing series.

I'll certainly do my best to offer very fun, cool things every chance I get! I don't want anyone to get left out, but making things a bit more exclusive (i.e. only doing 50 copies of our SDCC set) does make things more interesting, but there will be many more cool things coming down the line, and hopefully something I can offer exclusively to the fine folks here on these boards.

Hope to see some of you in San Diego! I'll also be at Baltimore in September, then Chris and I will *both* be at NYCC (our one year anniversary so to speak) and have lots of cool stuff. I'll bug Chris to get a better idea of when he's going to open up OA sales as well.

Thanks again, guys!

-Frank

Only way to explain it - I experience the enjoyment and sense of an adventure I had when I was a kid that I got from reading comics when I read Five Ghosts... so thank you! No Boston huh?! (shrug)

Just got caught up on the series. I read #3 and 4 tonight and have to say, this is turning into a gem. I really loved the sketchy two page spread explaining the history of the "dreaming" in #3. Keep up the good work on this book-I'm all in!

Hey folks,

If you couldn't tell by my display name, it's me: Chris Mooneyham, the artist/co-creator of Five Ghosts!!

I just wanted to pop in and say hello, and thank all of you for your support!!

As Frank has already stated on numerous occasions, we are tremendously thankful for everyone's support of Five Ghosts, and hope that you're with us for the long haul. It's fans like you who keep this profession worth it, by supporting non-standard books and the creators behind them. Thank you.

Frank told me that he's getting a lot of questions about when OA will be for sale. The only answer I can give is: Soon. Like, probably within the next month. The reason for this is that I want original scans for my work, and in the rush to meet deadlines, I often save the finalized file instead of the original. That means I have to go back and re-scan just over a hundred pages, which takes a little bit of time.

BUT! Now that I'm on these boards, you guys will be the first to know when everything is ready! And, like Frank, I'll be giving you guys sneak-peeks at thing to come, from preliminary sketches to fully inked panels/pages.

Thanks again, guys!

-Chris