• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Five Ghosts
1 1

3,680 posts in this topic

we will see where the SDCC set ends. at $300 with 12 minutes left. CHEAP!!

I was the second high bidder... lost it at the last second! :ohnoez:

Did ZaCrew get this one too?? $447 is a pretty good price and maybe I should've upped by bid by a bit more! :flamed:

agreed.

+/- 2K is now the bar

:o

I will be bummed if the bidding gets close to $2K as it will raise the asking prices on any others that are potentially available...but I will be very happy for Frank.

Still, I'll take the under as I don't think the market is quite there yet for an ungraded ashcan. As it is, the bidding has been stunning. A preemptive congrats to the eventual winner!

agreed.

+/- 2K is now the bar

:o

I will be bummed if the bidding gets close to $2K as it will raise the asking prices on any others that are potentially available...but I will be very happy for Frank.

Still, I'll take the under as I don't think the market is quite there yet for an ungraded ashcan. As it is, the bidding has been stunning. A preemptive congrats to the eventual winner!

I am with u. I will be happy for Frank but the next one is going to be overvalued because of this auction.

Maybe.

Maybe not.

Depends what you mean by overvalued.

Supply and demand.

I am saying that the next one will not be:

1. Auctioned off by the creator

2. Have as much hype

3. Condition probably won't be as good.

But the price this one goes for may drive the price of the next one. Honestly if this was just a random auction I personally think $700 could have been the ceiling.

That was a really nice price on that ECCC.

I was going back and forth on whether to pull the trigger or not.

Yeah it was. Only book I need right now is the Ashcan, but honestly I wasn't going to spend more than $700 on it.

I didn't win the SDCC set... but I did win the Blue Label ECCC from last night. I never had one and needed one. :)

Nice grab ZaCrew! (thumbs u

BTW, did you ever take a glance through the ECCC copy I sent you a while back?

No I try not to open peoples books I press unless they want me to look for any problems.

That was a really nice price on that ECCC.

I was going back and forth on whether to pull the trigger or not.

Yeah it was. Only book I need right now is the Ashcan, but honestly I wasn't going to spend more than $700 on it.

Past tense lol

Funny thing is...if someone posted one for sale for $700 last month I would probably not considered it but I was the one who just got outbid for $700. I am now officially out of the running. Really shouldn't have been bidding anyway.

I actually got my Ashcan signed and slabbed SS(1191719001) at SDCC this year came back as a 8.5. I figured it wouldn't be high since it wasn't in great shape but the rarity makes up for it. Not planning on selling it currently.

I actually got my Ashcan signed and slabbed SS(1191719001) at SDCC this year came back as a 8.5. I figured it wouldn't be high since it wasn't in great shape but the rarity makes up for it. Not planning on selling it currently.

Hey dude! Ryan Maddux here. Glad that you got those books! Did you ever get those Stan books back from SDCC? Still need me to get that one book pressed?

Ryan