• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Five Ghosts
1 1

3,680 posts in this topic

I love the art and the concept of the book. But I'm not sure the storytelling is 100% up to par with the rest of the book. No disrespect meant. My hope is that the original 5 were written for the short term (a standalone 5 parter book with no long-term intended). Six was better, but still a little rough at times.

Pat

No disrespect intended but I dont think you are giving the story enough time to develop.

This, it's a pretty intelligent book as well and it may lose some people. Heck look at EoW.. So many people were lost with that book, and heck some still are lol.

I feel pretty good knowing EoW and Five Ghosts are in my top 3 :)

No disrespect intended but I dont think you are giving the story enough time to develop.

This, it's a pretty intelligent book as well and it may lose some people. Heck look at EoW.. So many people were lost with that book, and heck some still are lol.

I feel pretty good knowing EoW and Five Ghosts are in my top 3 :)

+1 True story lol

Finally got my SDCC submissions back.

Here's a (crappy cellphone) picture of the SDCC '12 Ashcan and it next to the published version.

5G_Ashcan.JPG

5G_AshcanvsPublished.JPG

Please excuse the poor quality of the pictures.

The only notable difference is the lack of the image logo in the top left as well as the "part 1 of 5" blue dot

Finally got my SDCC submissions back.

Here's a (crappy cellphone) picture of the SDCC '12 Ashcan and it next to the published version.

5G_Ashcan.JPG

5G_AshcanvsPublished.JPG

Please excuse the poor quality of the pictures.

The only notable difference is the lack of the image logo in the top left as well as the "part 1 of 5" blue dot

is 8.5 SS the only one on registry? SDCC, did you do a slow submission?

Yeah the 8.5 Ashcan is the only one slabbed at the moment.

Yeah I did a slow sub on all my SDCC books. I'm never in a rush for that stuff since I don't flip or sell. It's just my personal collection.