• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guys, look at this, Ebay #281065699273, Revival 9.9 shill bidding ..?

31 posts in this topic

A guy bought an item off of me and told me for two weeks that he was waiting for payment from other items.

three days ago he asked me to cancel the transaction because he was never paid for items he sold online.

So I looked at his feedback and it had like 10 items he had recently purchased since committing to buy the item from me. So I added them up and they were about $20 more all together than the item he bought off me and never paid for.

So I called him on it, he gave me a run around asking me to cancel the transaction - I opened an unpaid item case and he started swearing.

So I looked at his ebay auctions and he had one auction. I bid on the item and within five minutes the bid went from $110 (for a Detective #1 CGC 9.8 SS Tony Daniel) to $300 My exact maximum bid.

He than sent me a message on ebay saying he would be able to pay for the item now and apologized. He also said "my item is now going to sell for $300".

I than called him on the shill bidding, he said it wasn't happening but that if I really wanted the item and if I would consider trading the book he bought earlier with this book he would stop the shill bidding.

He said that shill bidding wasn't happening but if I really wanted it he would make it stop. :facepalm:

Thats when I found out ebay does have a report function for manipulating ending prices of auctions.

Jimmy - sounds like the guy I wrote about in my " Who Shills?" thread last week.

This book? eBay item number 300861869651

Looks like someone legit just bid on it.. at 3 times the market value based on GPAnalysis.

fEXjVVz.png

rJLAMeS.png

5oOLJT2.png

p3DAqRW.png

I put a $700 bid on it. He cancelled it and I rebid. So yeah its the same auction.

He claimed not to know what shill bidding was

I put a $700 bid on it. He cancelled it and I rebid. So yeah its the same auction.

:o

What if it got accepted/won?? That book would be a keeper!! hahaha.

Shame though - I want a SS copy of this to sit alongside my raw... but I'm not going to get fleeced for it!!

Yowza, look at the postage! I hate these new prices :facepalm:

Oh yeah. That's actually a bit cheaper than normal. He mustn't shill the postage. But I'm usually looking at 50-70 now for 1 - 6 books. So.. in other words, I bought a few blue labels the other day at 35 each, but it cost the price of 2 slabs just to get it to me. That's two slabs I could've put in the collection!! :censored:

:o

What if it got accepted/won?? That book would be a keeper!! hahaha.

Shame though - I want a SS copy of this to sit alongside my raw... but I'm not going to get fleeced for it!!

Yowza, look at the postage! I hate these new prices :facepalm:

Oh yeah. That's actually a bit cheaper than normal. He mustn't shill the postage. But I'm usually looking at 50-70 now for 1 - 6 books. So.. in other words, I bought a few blue labels the other day at 35 each, but it cost the price of 2 slabs just to get it to me. That's two slabs I could've put in the collection!! :censored:

I sent him a message informing him of the "who Shills" thread suggesting he should join the conversation and he responded by telling me to paypal him $300 and he'll end his listing. lol

I sent him a message informing him of the "who Shills" thread suggesting he should join the conversation and he responded by telling me to paypal him $300 and he'll end his listing. lol

lol

Far out. That is an aggressively ambitious price he wants for a modern with, frankly, a really BAD looking signature.

I'd pay 100 tops, and then I think it's generous based on market value and just how sloppy TSD was with that sig. If it didn't have a yellow label I'd call it fake.

lol

Far out. That is an aggressively ambitious price he wants for a modern with, frankly, a really BAD looking signature.

I'd pay 100 tops, and then I think it's generous based on market value and just how sloppy TSD was with that sig. If it didn't have a yellow label I'd call it fake.

Update, after sending me a message saying "someone just offered me $345 for the book" and I said "no they didn't, no one offered you three time GPA for this book. Thats stupid" he cancelled my bid lol

he still owes me $90 for a Manhattan Projects #1 that he bought :(