• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Another buyer to block - X-MENLOVER

34 posts in this topic

Bought a Defenders #10 from me on Jan 30, here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DEFENDERS-10-Thor-vs-Hulk-/190788460017

As is clearly stated in the listing, I was out of state from 1/24 to 2/6, and would not be able to ship until 2/7.

Buyer hits the BIN, and immediately complains:

7.00 shipping seems a little high, especially since I have to wait until at least feb 10 or 11 to receive my book. Doesn't seem fair huh ? I hope my comic is in FN condition than I'll be happy. Next time maybe you should charge a little less on shipping. Take care on your vacation , I hope to see my book soon. X-MENLOVER

Note the veiled threat. "My book better be in at least Fine", even though no specific grade was given ("nice midgrade copy")

Book got an attempted delivery, as promised, on 2/11 (including a weekend in between.)

Buyer leaves feedback yesterday, and leaves a 1 or 2 for both shipping time and charges, despite having all of this information available beforehand.

For those not aware, sellers can ONLY receive 2 low DSRs per YEAR, or they lose their Top-Rated status, and a hefty 20% discount off final value fees.

Also ding'd me on my communication, I guess because I explained how the shipping costs break down, and that postage went up dramatically on Jan 28.

Real class act.

This is the one of the places where I think an eBay store would be helpful by allowing you to put your listings on vacation hold. With a 2 week shipping hold, I think there would be a good chance of encountering a problem buyer who doesn't bother reading the entire description or doesn't even care.

Barring no ebay store vacation options, I have simply ended my listings early the day before any extended leave. The TRS rating is simply too valuable to lose, not only for the extra 20% off FVF, but the improved search placement, which I personally think is more valuable.

It never ceases to amaze me the balls people have!

I bought some rare Skylanders figure for my son back in early November. The guys auction stated he wouldn't be receiving it until mid December and this was a pre order. I wanted it to surprise my son for Christmas but that came and went with nothing but an email from him like once a month saying he still didn't have it yet. I literally just got it today, almost 4 months after I paid and wouldn't even have given him just 1 or 2 stars!

As is clearly stated in the listing, I was out of state from 1/24 to 2/6, and would not be able to ship until 2/7.

7.00 shipping seems a little high, especially since I have to wait until at least feb 10 or 11 to receive my book. Doesn't seem fair huh ? I hope my comic is in FN condition than I'll be happy. Next time maybe you should charge a little less on shipping. Take care on your vacation , I hope to see my book soon. X-MENLOVER

Note the veiled threat. "My book better be in at least Fine", even though no specific grade was given ("nice midgrade copy")

Book got an attempted delivery, as promised, on 2/11 (including a weekend in between.)

Buyer leaves feedback yesterday, and leaves a 1 or 2 for both shipping time and charges, despite having all of this information available beforehand.

For those not aware, sellers can ONLY receive 2 low DSRs per YEAR, or they lose their Top-Rated status, and a hefty 20% discount off final value fees.

Also ding'd me on my communication, I guess because I explained how the shipping costs break down, and that postage went up dramatically on Jan 28.

Real class act.

Just tried to block him and I am getting an "Invalid User ID"

So was the book in at least fine condition or not damnit? :insane:

Don't plan on selling cheap stuff on eBay (less than $50) and expect to keep your top rated/ power seller discount. Sorry but that mess isn't happening with the insufficiently_thoughtful_persons on eBay, some of these turds I think intentionally target top rated sellers to cause them to lose the status.

So was the book in at least fine condition or not damnit? :insane:

Don't plan on selling cheap stuff on eBay (less than $50) and expect to keep your top rated/ power seller discount. Sorry but that mess isn't happening with the insufficiently_thoughtful_persons on eBay, some of these turds I think intentionally target top rated sellers to cause them to lose the status.

+1

I sell next to nothing on eBay and even I can see that it's gotta be hard as hell selling fairly cheap raw books without a TON of hassles from that somehow expect to receive a NM book from a "nice mid grade" auction.

Where did ya go? :popcorn:

To bring me food from Senor Taco.

Real class act.

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=x-menlover&ftab=AllFeedback&rt=nc

Real class act.

Try "Occasional-MenLover" hm