• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Star Wars 7 Mark Hamill

55 posts in this topic

In all fairness, he probably actually lost money on the Laserdiscs haha. I wanna know, who out there actually owns one of these!? (Pics or it never happened)

Lucas losing money on laserdiscs is probably the equivalent of one of us losing a $1.50 in a soda machine.

In all fairness, he probably actually lost money on the Laserdiscs haha. I wanna know, who out there actually owns one of these!? (Pics or it never happened)

Lucas losing money on laserdiscs is probably the equivalent of one of us losing a $1.50 in a soda machine.

lol

The reality check is that there is no bigger pimp-daddy than Lucas.

Feast your eyes:

DSCF0728.jpg

I knew Laserdisc was a bad idea from the start. Giant CD's that scratch easy and you have to flip/change discs every 30 minutes. But it was the first time videophile home equipment was such a step up from the typical home equipment, and so readily available. The equipment was at any electronics store, the discs were at the chain record stores. I knew DVD was better, and jumped on board with that early. Got my first 17" AV component DVD in '97, along with a matching receiver and surround sound. I would have never guessed that cutting edge AV gear would have become common though. I knew DVD would replace VHS, I just thought most people would still be watching pan and scan discs with RCA cables and the TV speakers. Not the case anymore.

Feast your eyes:

DSCF0728.jpg

Sweet.

Don't you sell vintage Star Wars toys? Didn't you recently enter the market, carefully studying the values of the collectibles in an effort to maximize your profits?

If so, what percentage of those profits, if any, have you donated to charitable causes dedicated to the preservation of the Star Wars properties in their unadulterated commercial & artistic perfection & further dedicated to their defense from Lucas & all other pimp-daddies, from the big pimp daddies to the small fry pimp daddies?

Can you describe for us the objective ideal level of prostitution-free Star Wars merchandising?

Can you identify how Lucas' decision to release the Stare Wars trilogy on laserdisc was an act of immoral, unethical prostitution? Did the release of the Star Wars trilogy laserdiscs negatively impact the quality of the movies whether within the context of that format or in other formats (eg VHS, beta, DVD, &c.)?

Why do you hate Lucas?

Why do you hate Star Wars?

Why do you hate Star Wars merchandise?

Sincerely,

TupennyConan

I can't recall a single moment in my life when I was made to be angry at or because of anything in any way related to either George Lucas or Star Wars.

Can I use this as my sig. line? But, with commas? :D

I dispute the need for commas but don't object to your use of them.

All Boardies' sig lines should feature samples of TupennyConan's inestimable genius.

Don't you sell vintage Star Wars toys? Didn't you recently enter the market, carefully studying the values of the collectibles in an effort to maximize your profits?

If so, what percentage of those profits, if any, have you donated to charitable causes dedicated to the preservation of the Star Wars properties in their unadulterated commercial & artistic perfection & further dedicated to their defense from Lucas & all other pimp-daddies, from the big pimp daddies to the small fry pimp daddies?

Can you describe for us the objective ideal level of prostitution-free Star Wars merchandising?

Can you identify how Lucas' decision to release the Stare Wars trilogy on laserdisc was an act of immoral, unethical prostitution? Did the release of the Star Wars trilogy laserdiscs negatively impact the quality of the movies whether within the context of that format or in other formats (eg VHS, beta, DVD, &c.)?

Why do you hate Lucas?

Why do you hate Star Wars?

Why do you hate Star Wars merchandise?

Sincerely,

TupennyConan

lol

Read my post again. Preferably not out of context.

I'm aiming directly at the fanboys who are griping about the Disney acquisition, especially those accusing Disney's intention of milking the franchise.

I'm saying Lucas is Big Pimpin when it comes to the Star Wars franchise.

In fact, if we were looking at the greatest impact and influence of the franchise on the level of humanitarian causes, they need to high tail in to a lab and reverse engineer Lucas' process of milking the franchise to a crystalline powder in an effort to feed millions in developing countries.

As far as I'm concerned, I hope Disney makes as many Star Wars movies they want. Even if they made 100 movies, it still wouldn't make a dent on the landfill graph represented by the toys and merchandise that was born from digitized tripefest of EP I-III.

Preferably not out of context.

But isolating that big pimpin sentence gave me something to post in a Star Wars thread. :(

Please let me take you out of context for my own posting purposes. It's how I have message board fun.

:foryou:

Preferably not out of context.

But isolating that big pimpin sentence gave me something to post in a Star Wars thread. :(

Please let me take you out of context for my own posting purposes. It's how I have message board fun.

I love Star Wars and see the Disney acquisition as a win-win for fans. Some fans however would rather the original trilogy remain untouched.

A few have actually compared and used Wizard of Oz and Casablanca in the same sentence. Anyone who knows about the history of the way Lucas financed the film would know that he locked in the merchandising well before the ink on the financing of the film was dry.

While I love the films, and they represent a fond childhood memory, the reality is that it has primarily served as a marketing engine for the much more profitable side of LFL which is licensing and merchandising.

Who here hates Episode VII already?

I love it for the sole reason that I can't wait to see what they dream up to enrage the nerds. It's going to be awesomeness on the grandest of scales.

I hope there's lots of Ewoks and maybe even some Dwarves. :wishluck:

Who here hates Episode VII already?
I'll be surprised if I like it, but it's existence doesn't effect the Star Wars movies I actually do like, so no big deal. What I probably will like is the surge of Star Wars video games that will come with the movies.