• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Star Wars 7 Mark Hamill

55 posts in this topic

Mark Hamill hopes star wars will lighten up and go retro

I like his idea and agree 100% with him on this points of too much CGI...

"I hope they find the right balance of CGI with practical effects. I love props, I love models, miniatures, matte paintings -- I'm sort of old school. I think if you go too far in the direction of CGI it winds up looking like just a giant a video game, and that's unfortunate. If they listen to me at all, it'll be, 'Lighten up and go retro with the way it looks."

I can only hope they'll take this direction.

:golfclap:

it will be fine as long as they have jettisoned Hayden Christensen.

Actually, rumors are the special effects team from Benjamin Button has been pulled in to make him look super old & scarred so he can come back in several helmetless Vader flashbacks.

You can't graph the butthurt going on with Star Wars nerds over this Disney acquisition.

I mean, you could try to graph it, but it might look an unsteady mess of a firestorm akin to trying to graph a 55 meter wide meteor colliding with planet earth.

The common thread that links most of the griping is that Disney will be milking the Star Wars franchise.

I would say to anyone with half a brain cell to do a search for Star Wars toys for five minutes to see the amount of that pollutes eBay and online classified listings, just from the last trilogy.

The reality check is that there is no bigger pimp-daddy than Lucas.

You ain't kidding.

As far as memory goes back.

The Star Wars Trilogy, making you buy the same film several times.

1. VHS

2. VHS Widescreen

3. Laserdisc

4. VHS Remastered Editions (not the special editions, the THX sound updates)

5. VHS & Laserdisc (Special Editions)

6. DVD

7. Blu-Ray

Did I miss any?

You ain't kidding.

1. VHS

2. VHS Widescreen

3. Laserdisc

6. DVD

7. Blu-Ray

Did I miss any?

DVD original editions released in 2006.

Ewoks aside.. My childhood would have sucked without George Lucas. In my opinion, he earned the right to make the second trilogy anyway he chose to. It (Star Wars) still means that much to me, that if he made a movie of Yoda farting for 2 hours, i'd probably go see it. I hope he does some consulting for the next movies. Props to George. :headbang:

Ewoks aside.. My childhood would have sucked without George Lucas. In my opinion, he earned the right to make the second trilogy anyway he chose to. It (Star Wars) still means that much to me, that if he made a movie of Yoda farting for 2 hours, i'd probably go see it. I hope he does some consulting for the next movies. Props to George. :headbang:

+1

I was 9 years old when the first movie hit the big screen and share your love of the original trilogy, but the current Lucas can play the lower half of my body like bagpipes.

You ain't kidding.

1. VHS

2. VHS Widescreen

3. Laserdisc

6. DVD

7. Blu-Ray

Did I miss any?

a reading of the scripts available on minidisc

You ain't kidding.

1. VHS

2. VHS Widescreen

3. Laserdisc

6. DVD

7. Blu-Ray

Did I miss any?

In all fairness, he probably actually lost money on the Laserdiscs haha. I wanna know, who out there actually owns one of these!? (Pics or it never happened)