• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jamie's London Super Comic Convention Thread!

557 posts in this topic

Jamie, we're all so sorry you won't be joining us this weekend, so we're going to be attempting to bring a flavour of the convention to you. (thumbs u

Everybody who's attending, can you please post anything and everything relating to the show in this thread, the good, the bad and the ugly, the preparations, the delivery...and the consequences! :eek:

Of particular interest will be cosplay chicks, cool books and embarrassing moments.

And can somebody please leave a turkey sandwich in their car so we get maximum traction?

And can somebody please leave a chicken sandwich in their car so we get maximum traction?

We won't be coming (tried to make it fit, second year in a row but couldn't) but I'll be sure to leave a turkey sandwich somewhere here at home.

:D

Have a good one, gang!

Was watching auction hunters last night and the segment starts off where they have to scurry over to an auction. Ton wanted to stop somewhere to eat, but Allen said they were running late. He reached over on the top of the dash and asked how old the Turkey was and stuffed it in his mouth before Allen could explain it was at least a week old and sun-dried.

Just checking-in on this thread, because I missed hassling the hopf thread, and as a public service, I wanted you all to know turkey sandwich folklore is alive and well, and appears to enjoy traction beyond these boards.

So, around 19 hours to go before we head to the ExCeL for set-up. Dealers are supposed to be in by 3.00pm, but Garry (gaz973) and I are helping out with building the stands and booths, so early start tomorrow. :(

Actually, it's a real early start, as the pair of us - along with some much needed help from David (Max Carnage) - are loading the van tonight.

Despite panic earlier in the week, the Comicana operation is now running ultra-smoothly. All books have been pulled, labelled, boxed and are in order. Pre-sales have been pulled and put aside. New stock has been processed and worked in. Vital paraphernalia has been located, checked for working order and bundled together.

Clearly it's now just a matter of waiting for it all to go tits up. :eek:

Jamie, we're all so sorry you won't be joining us this weekend, so we're going to be attempting to bring a flavour of the convention to you. (thumbs u

Everybody who's attending, can you please post anything and everything relating to the show in this thread, the good, the bad and the ugly, the preparations, the delivery...and the consequences! :eek:

Of particular interest will be cosplay chicks, cool books and embarrassing moments.

And can somebody please leave a turkey sandwich in their car so we get maximum traction?

This great guys hope I can stay fit enough to keep up with it

OK, the secret comic van with Nicks and my comics is fully loaded and stashed away. Time for a few last minute preparations tonight then I'll be heading over to Nick's in the morning so we can head to the Excel Centre to take part in the fun that is setting up the con. :insane:

Many thanks to Dave (Max Carnage) for helping Nick and I load up tonight. (worship)

I second the thanks to Dave! :applause:

Top bloke and saved Garry and I from starting the weekend off with aching backs. (thumbs u

Now I've got to get the admin side of things sorted...not sure I've even opened the e-mail regarding my pass and ticket for tomorrow. :facepalm:

And thanks to Dave for driving to my house and picking up my 26 slabs so I don't have to haul them across London on the tube. :banana:

And can somebody please leave a chicken sandwich in their car so we get maximum traction?

We won't be coming (tried to make it fit, second year in a row but couldn't) but I'll be sure to leave a turkey sandwich somewhere here at home.

:D

Have a good one, gang!

Looking forward to your con report again. :wishluck:

I still need to prep my two CGC submissions so I'll get that done tomorrow. I've gone for Batman 234 and Hulk 181 which I think are good choices. Once I've sorted those out, that will leave me with about £100 (or $150) to spend. Just wondering what key issue I could pick up with that budget? I'm thinking a mid-grade ASM 122 might be doable.

It's taken over a week, but we are almost ready to rock. Just to make things extra fun today, we took delivery of 22 (!) boxes of hardcovers, tpbs and toys for the show - some nice Perez and Adams art books included.

Oh, and then we had a pre show in store signing and sketching session with Marco Turini who is our guest in sunny Stevenage tonight (poor bloke). I know many of you haven't seen his work before, but his sketches are awesome! His speciality being pretty ladies. :banana:

Tomorrow, the ltd edition team splits into crack ninja units each going their separate ways; some heading to the venue early to sort out hotels, passes etc. others loading the two vans with stock and booth parts. The youngsters will remain in the shop until late, getting those final mail order bits packed and posted and running the store.

Then, they will all find their way to the venue in time to reunite like the Avengers (or possibly the Amazing Zoo Crew) for the final build and load in.

Friday will draw to a close with curry and much Guiness with Dan Slott, Marco Turini and the guys from Midtown.

Looking forward to (hopefully) a busy show and seeing many fellow boardies.

The only thing missing will be Jamie. :cry: but all your boardie buddies will make sure you get the full con experience, you will only miss the truly great stuff such as nerd B.O., long lines, obnoxious comic book dealers and flaky comic book creators. :ohnoez:

I still need to prep my two CGC submissions so I'll get that done tomorrow. I've gone for Batman 234 and Hulk 181 which I think are good choices. Once I've sorted those out, that will leave me with about £100 (or $150) to spend. Just wondering what key issue I could pick up with that budget? I'm thinking a mid-grade ASM 122 might be doable.

Are you going for the meal and drink on Saturday night, Adam?