• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Avengers Line up

104 posts in this topic

foreheadslap.gif

Avengers 500 was a good read though. thumbsup2.gif

thumbsup2.gif I'm probably only reading it until all the mayhem is over. "New Avengers" might be cool if Finch goes along for the ride, but I'm really only interested in this title because of all the carnage in 500.

Sounds like Wolverine and Spider-man? Can they be in anymore titles?? Adding Wolverine to the line up is a joke.

Avengers

Brian

I thought the New Avengers Line up was to be a rotating series of characters!

Kind of like Marvel Team up but on a bigger scale

foreheadslap.gif

Avengers 500 was a good read though. thumbsup2.gif

thumbsup2.gif I'm probably only reading it until all the mayhem is over. "New Avengers" might be cool if Finch goes along for the ride, but I'm really only interested in this title because of all the carnage in 500.

Same! BOC had not read a new Avengers book in ages. BOC read the preview & was hooked. popcorn.gif

Nothing new under the sun at the House Of Ideas? confused-smiley-013.gif

05815547774.221.GIF

I believe that cover quoted in the article is similar to this cover, which you'll note has Wolverine...but he didn't join then either. All and all the cover will probably be a good PR scheme to pull in buyers...but don't expect everyone on the cover to be a new avenger, cameo appearance maybe, but not avenger.

Good god, what a bunch of [!@#%^&^]!!! Wolverine and Spider-man?!?! F&*@ you, Marvel... 893frustrated.gif893naughty-thumb.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif

My thoughts exactly!

No thanks,

Fan4Fan

Mine too. mad.gif Just what we need, another rebooted title, with Marvel taking no chances by pimping out its 2 biggest characters yet again. 893frustrated.gif This is ridiculous. I used to be a big Wolverine fan, but after having his overexposed mug shoved in my face at every turn over the past 5 years (just try to count all his appearances in the X-titles, in the 1,001 miniseries from "Origin" to "Powerless" and his countless guest appearances), I can't stand him anymore (Spidey is running a close second in the overexposed category). The monkeys in charge at Marvel seriously need to put a moratorium on the gratuitous usage of both characters.

Good god, what a bunch of [!@#%^&^]!!! Wolverine and Spider-man?!?! F&*@ you, Marvel... 893frustrated.gif893naughty-thumb.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif

My thoughts exactly!

No thanks,

Fan4Fan

Mine too. mad.gif Just what we need, another rebooted title, with Marvel taking no chances by pimping out its 2 biggest characters yet again. 893frustrated.gif This is ridiculous. I used to be a big Wolverine fan, but after having his overexposed mug shoved in my face at every turn over the past 5 years (just try to count all his appearances in the X-titles, in the 1,001 miniseries from "Origin" to "Powerless" and his countless guest appearances), I can't stand him anymore (Spidey is running a close second in the overexposed category). The monkeys in charge at Marvel seriously need to put a moratorium on the gratuitous usage of both characters.

893applaud-thumb.gif

Speaking of overexposed, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Punisher join. foreheadslap.gif

"Quesada said that people will not believe what they are doing with Thor. There will not be an issue 86 of Thor, nothing more was said on the subject."

O.o why Thor? frown.gif

I'll wait and see what comes of this but this Quesada jerk says it with such arrogance if comes off as "yah its really stupid, the fans will hate it, but its shocking isn't it?" Can't wait. foreheadslap.gif Wolvie and Spiderman as Avengers is a pure sign of deperation. I can live with Wolvie on the Avengers but Spider-Man just doesn't fit the team concept and it looks to me like they are willing to do anything to capture additional readership.

What would warrant cancelling a good series like Thor? Are they going to kill him off and try something similar to the "Death of Superman" junk?

"Quesada said that people will not believe what they are doing with Thor. There will not be an issue 86 of Thor, nothing more was said on the subject."

O.o why Thor? frown.gif

I'll wait and see what comes of this but this Quesada jerk says it with such arrogance if comes off as "yah its really stupid, the fans will hate it, but its shocking isn't it?" Can't wait. foreheadslap.gif Wolvie and Spiderman as Avengers is a pure sign of deperation. I can live with Wolvie on the Avengers but Spider-Man just doesn't fit the team concept and it looks to me like they are willing to do anything to capture additional readership.

What would warrant cancelling a good series like Thor? Are they going to kill him off and try something similar to the "Death of Superman" junk?

At least you now got your 80. thumbsup2.gif