• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Avengers Line up

104 posts in this topic

The Newsarama galleries are back up. Which reminds me...

Sure... Bendis' gimmicky, kill 'em all approach to rebooting the Avengers may be alienating long-time fans (although I will admit I'm enjoying it) and the addition of Spider-Man and Wolverine to the Avengers lineup might feel like some perverse early 90s sales boost joke (What? No Punisher?), at least one thing good will come out of this mess- Adi Granov on Iron Man:

573189-IM_Adi4a.jpg

Oh yeah. Warren Ellis too.

573189-IM_Adi4a.jpg.419b4ca9ea3b2512c35871ce8a906a85.jpg

The Newsarama galleries are back up. Which reminds me...

Sure... Bendis' gimmicky, kill 'em all approach to rebooting the Avengers may be alienating long-time fans (although I will admit I'm enjoying it) and the addition of Spider-Man and Wolverine to the Avengers lineup might feel like some perverse early 90s sales boost joke (What? No Punisher?), at least one thing good will come out of this mess- Adi Granov on Iron Man:

Oh yeah. Warren Ellis too.

Gotta agree with you. One of the few bright spots (along with the return of Marvel Team-up)... thumbsup2.gif

Although guess who teams up in the first 2 issues? Yep, Spidey and Wolvie 893frustrated.gif

Ummm... dead. At least Vision is, and the word is Hawkeye bites it next ish.

Yeah right. It looks that way doesn't it. If indeed that was the real Vision, he's a robot and can be rebuilt. He's been rebuilt a few times. Maybe his consciousness will run the "New" Avengers computers while he rebuilds his body again.

Apparantly whoever dies in 502 does "so in a big, epic heroic way" that "will always be remembered". Personally I think it's probably Hank Pym who will go down killing his "son" Ultron. Plus, he's an Avengers founder, and it could be argued that the first version of the Avengers (1-503) was in many ways the story of Hank Pym and his vision of the Avengers and that the "New Avengers' is Captain America's vision of the team.

I sure hope it isn't Hawkeye.

That sounds Dead-On target about Hank Pym...He has always caused more trouble then good and he's actually a minor character in the overall Marvel fan base. Plus he is still trying to redeem himself for past actions...kinda like Hal Jordan at DC.

So, tootles, Mr. Pym and remember that "friends don't let friends build autonomous indestructable father/Oedipal robots that destroy entire countries for fun".

Ummm... dead. At least Vision is, and the word is Hawkeye bites it next ish.

Yeah right. It looks that way doesn't it. If indeed that was the real Vision, he's a robot and can be rebuilt. He's been rebuilt a few times. Maybe his consciousness will run the "New" Avengers computers while he rebuilds his body again.

Apparantly whoever dies in 502 does "so in a big, epic heroic way" that "will always be remembered". Personally I think it's probably Hank Pym who will go down killing his "son" Ultron. Plus, he's an Avengers founder, and it could be argued that the first version of the Avengers (1-503) was in many ways the story of Hank Pym and his vision of the Avengers and that the "New Avengers' is Captain America's vision of the team.

I sure hope it isn't Hawkeye.

That sounds Dead-On target about Hank Pym...He has always caused more trouble then good and he's actually a minor character in the overall Marvel fan base. Plus he is still trying to redeem himself for past actions...kinda like Hal Jordan at DC.

So, tootles, Mr. Pym and remember that "friends don't let friends build autonomous indestructable father/Oedipal robots that destroy entire countries for fun".

If Hank dies it will be a pointless death because how many times has Ultron been "KILLED" only to come back!

Wasn't he blown up in issue 22 when Hank beat him up with Antartic Vibranium or something?

I say Hawkeye will die when he saves a Female Avenger from death. She will then be wracked with survivors guilt.

Then again this is Marvel where death is a remporary state to come back to life!

at least one thing good will come out of this mess- Adi Granov on Iron Man:

I met Adi on Sunday when I went to the Wizard VIP Party on Mitol's behalf. Really nice guy... he's Scottish.

Adi, Steve McNiven and Jimmy Cheung were hanging out at a table with no one around them in the centre of the room. It was really kind of surreal considering just how talented these guys are.

After Iron Man hits next year I expect to see him at the top of everyone's list.

McNiven's Ultimate Cap will be something else. I still think it's a shame they didn't put him on the regular Cap title when it gets relaunched.

The Vision's return is tied in with the return of the original Human Torch? Just a guess, start the rumours.

Jim Hammond, the original Human Torch appears in Invaders #1. On sale today.

Is this based upon a modern day timeline or untold stories from the past? I hope they can make him a Marvel star that he was in the 40's, but this time for good. I have to get my hands on this.

Is this based upon a modern day timeline or untold stories from the past? I hope they can make him a Marvel star that he was in the 40's, but this time for good. I have to get my hands on this.

I only flipped thru it... but it looked modern based on the clothes they were wearing.

Can someone please tell me the first apperance of this SENTRY guy/ Looks like I have some down time tis weekend and plan on hitting the 25cent bins.

I'm guessing THOR bites the big bullet. After all,all they need to do to revive/reboot him is for some lame to come across his stick,no?

He first appeared in Sentry #1, published under the Marvel Knights imprint in 2000. Story by Paul Jenkins, art by Jae Lee and Jose Villarrubia.

The marketting push for this story began with a BS story about how Sentry was a lost character created by Lee for an early Marvel book but never used, and that Jenkins was reviving him for this mini.

Here's site with a review of the first issue and a scan of the cover:

http://www.icomics.com/rev_080200_sentry.shtml

Can someone please tell me the first apperance of this SENTRY guy/ Looks like I have some down time tis weekend and plan on hitting the 25cent bins.

I'm guessing THOR bites the big bullet. After all,all they need to do to revive/reboot him is for some lame to come across his stick,no?

If Thor bites the bullet they are probably already planning his return in the new year. If he dies, does the Odin power flow to Loki? Is Balder really dead? Why can't Thor don the Destroyer's shell and kick Loki's [!@#%^&^] once and for all? It would seem terribly pointless if they resurrect them and everything is fine and dandy again. It would also be a travesty if they did not return Thor to the fold. I love Avengers #500 and the current Thor arc but why they have to restart everything is beyond me. The next few months will be interesting.

If Thor bites the bullet they are probably already planning his return in the new year. If he dies, does the Odin power flow to Loki? Is Balder really dead? Why can't Thor don the Destroyer's shell and kick Loki's [!@#%^&^] once and for all? It would seem terribly pointless if they resurrect them and everything is fine and dandy again. It would also be a travesty if they did not return Thor to the fold. I love Avengers #500 and the current Thor arc but why they have to restart everything is beyond me. The next few months will be interesting.

Thor is now blind.

He is pretty much useless!

Thor Spoiler Alert!!!

Any idea where the current Loki mini-series fits into the monthly Thor mag.

In the Loki series Thor and all of other asgard heroes have fallen and Loki is King. Is this totally separate from current continuity, parallel, or subsequent?

Thor is now blind.

He is pretty much useless!

893censored-thumb.gif Thanks for ruining it for me!

Thor Spoiler Alert!!!

Any idea where the current Loki mini-series fits into the monthly Thor mag.

In the Loki series Thor and all of other asgard heroes have fallen and Loki is King. Is this totally separate from current continuity, parallel, or subsequent?

I think the Loki mini-series is seperate from the current Thor storyline. They don't seem to mesh that well.