• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Avengers Line up

104 posts in this topic

New Avengers lineup:

Captain America

Spider-Man

Wolverine

Iron Man

Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew)

Luke Cage

Sentry

This should work:

http://www.newsarama.com/WW_Chicago_04/MvL_Presentations/NewAvengers1.jpg

893frustrated.gif That is NOT an Avengers lineup. And where's Thor? Please don't tell me they killed Thor cuz I never will buy Marvel again. (ok, not really)

The fact that it's not an "Avengers lineup" is exactly what they're going for.

"Bendis said that the Avengers are the Earth’s Mightiest Heroes, referring back to issue sixteen of the original series where Stan Lee replaced the entire team with new characters including two former villains. Bendis said this book has always been about change and evolution and we’re going to express that with no [sic, should read "new"] characters and a new dynamic."

On Thor:

"Quesada said that people will not believe what they are doing with Thor. There will not be an issue 86 of Thor, nothing more was said on the subject."

You can read all about it here:

http://newsarama.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16529

Original members:

Mach-1 (formerly the Beetle)

Songbird (formerly Screaming Mimi)

Atlas (formerly Power Man/The Smuggler)

New members:

Captain Marvel

Radioactive Man

Speed Demon

Blizzard

Joystick (?) (thanks Rob)

I thought the original idea for the Thunderbolts was creative and original for an ongoing series. Although it seems like a old plot now, I hope the new series is exciting. The Avengers/Thunderbolts series was kinda boring.

Original members:

New members:

Captain Marvel

Radioactive Man

Speed Demon

Blizzard

Can't place the chick with the eyepatch.

I saw it elsewhere: Joystick. confused-smiley-013.gif That means nothing to me.

Original members:

New members:

Captain Marvel

Radioactive Man

Speed Demon

Blizzard

Can't place the chick with the eyepatch.

I saw it elsewhere: Joystick. confused-smiley-013.gif That means nothing to me.

Found her:

JOYSTICK (Janice Olivia Yanizeski) - a participant in the Great Game, she also served in the Crimson Cowl (Justin Hammer)’s Masters of Evil, outfitted by James Johnsmeyer

Superhuman strength, agility, etc., uses cybernetic power batons

(app)--Amazing Scarlet Spider#2 (Spider-Man Unlimited#14(fb), Amazing Scarlet Spider#2, Green Goblin#3, Amazing Spider-Man I#409, SpdmUnl#14, Thunderbolts#24,25

Thunderbolts looks better to me than New Avengers. I really liked Abe Jenkins' evolution over the course of the original T-Bolts, and I think this has great potential as one of the few sane Marvel Universe titles. Introducing new characters will only help the mix of villains overcoming their natural instincts to become heroes. I hear that Warbird and Moonstone are going to play a role - no doubt Zemo will be a factor of some kind.

New Avengers, on the hand, is another work by two guys who seem intent on taking a dump on what people are familiar with in order to promote themselves as the next incarnation of Stan Lee (one's Stan the Writer, the other is Stan the Editor). It's guerrilla-comic book publishing and Bendis' arrogance is getting out of hand... case in point that panel he did last weekend. He thought he could revive a dead project by speaking badly about the "other guys" and only ended up getting blasted by Bob Wayne because he telegraphed his comments so far in advance that DC was prepared for it. Calling for the resignation of the head of Marvel was inappropriate, but so is airing your own griefs in public in order to build your own argument.

I see New Avengers, and all I want to know is where are the real Avengers - where's the Vision, the Scarlet Witch and Hawkeye?

Thor, I can appreciate that he will die in Ragnorak and be reborn for Gaiman and Russell's new series next year... Thor's a tricky character.

I agree with you there.

Cap and Iron Man are must have's

SW, Luke Cage and Sentry are interesting (altho I don't know who Sentry is).. Luke hasn't been on a teram since FF, right?

The rest .... eh

He was with Heroes for Hire, with Iron Fist, She-hulk, White Panther, and some others. Wasn't a very good series.

40146787124.1.gif

Luke hasn't been on a teram since FF, right?

He was a member of Iron Fist's new Heroes for Hire in the 1990's.

Luke Cage can only join the Avengers if he shaves, grows his afro back and starts wearing yellow silk shirts again with a chain link belt and a headband. I'm sick of Cage from the hood. It's fine for Daredevil or r-rated mini-series but if the guy is going to join the Avengers he's got to give up this badass look and get back to being a giant banana and start shouting "Sweet Christmas" (because Cap won't put up with any foul language).

But then again, that's what New Avengers is all about really. It's about Captain America and Iron Man teaching today's heroes how to "be all that they can be". To lecture 150 year old Wolverine that killing isn't right, to let Spider-Man obtain a pilot's license while serving his country, to let Spider-Woman actually fraternize publicly with Spider-Man, to revive a dumb character by one of Bendis' buddies and hope people like him the second time around, and well, Bendis seems to want to put Luke Cage in every single Marvel book he writes... whether it's Alias, Secret War, The Pulse, Daredevil.. now that I think of it, why hasn't Luke shown up in Ultimate Spidey yet?

I see New Avengers, and all I want to know is where are the real Avengers - where's the Vision, the Scarlet Witch and Hawkeye?

Ummm... dead. At least Vision is, and the word is Hawkeye bites it next ish.

Sorry. I 'm so sick over this Disassembled [!@#%^&^] I want to puke 893frustrated.gif

On the plus side, I did pick up the JLA/Avengers HC. Sweet! Lots of extra goodies, nice slipcovered books, oversized to show the artwork off - 2 thumbs up! thumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif

"Ummm... dead. At least Vision is, and the word is Hawkeye bites it next ish."

I calmly read everyone's hate and disgust with Marvel and then brush it aside..........That is until someone says they're gonna dust Hawkeye 893frustrated.gif NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

I agree, Avengers #500 is hot. I just got a load of CGG 9.8 grades of this issue in and posted one on ebay tonight here. I think we are the first to get a graded copy of this issue online. We sold out completely of all our ungraded copies at $8 a pop in less then a week. It really is a great book. thumbsup2.gif

avengers500_98-cgg.jpg

CGG 27_laughing.gif!!!

Anyway, I really wouldn't worry about characters dying -- they'll all be resurrected one day by another writer. Hawkeye, Scarlett Witch and Vision are all too integrated into Marvel history to eliminate them.

Death can be a well used concept if done properly -- I have a feeling Bendis is going to use it as a gimmick -- but let's see.

Ummm... dead. At least Vision is, and the word is Hawkeye bites it next ish.

Yeah right. It looks that way doesn't it. If indeed that was the real Vision, he's a robot and can be rebuilt. He's been rebuilt a few times. Maybe his consciousness will run the "New" Avengers computers while he rebuilds his body again.

Apparantly whoever dies in 502 does "so in a big, epic heroic way" that "will always be remembered". Personally I think it's probably Hank Pym who will go down killing his "son" Ultron. Plus, he's an Avengers founder, and it could be argued that the first version of the Avengers (1-503) was in many ways the story of Hank Pym and his vision of the Avengers and that the "New Avengers' is Captain America's vision of the team.

I sure hope it isn't Hawkeye.