• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Avengers Line up

104 posts in this topic

Er, are you saying USM is a 90s rehash? Not sure I followed ya there. Cause it couldn't possibly be further from the [!@#%^&^] Marvel cranked out in the 90s. 90s bad. USM good.

It's the re-hashing of the same stories with the same characters, just crammed together, end-to-end... basically it's a not-clever ruse to fool insufficiently_thoughtful_persons who don't know any better.

To put it another way:

Half the people alive today are below average, and three-quarters of those people collect comics.

Time for Joe "Quesadea" to get turfed.

Are you making some joke with spelling his last name incorrectly?

I think it's supposed to read "Quesadilla"? As if torching someone by altering their name so that it is a homonym for a popular Mexican side-dish is wildly insulting?

confused-smiley-013.gif I must have missed the memo.

Time for Joe "Quesadea" to get turfed.

Are you making some joke with spelling his last name incorrectly?

I think it's supposed to read "Quesadilla"? As if torching someone by altering their name so that it is a homonym for a popular Mexican side-dish is wildly insulting?

confused-smiley-013.gif I must have missed the memo.

Wasn't sure how to spell it and was too lazy to search it so to answer React's question, yes. I hope this new direction that the Avengers, Thor, etc is going is cutting edge and exciting but somehow I doubt it.

yay!

so maybe 2005 won't be such a bad year after all...

Yeah...for DC.

Ellis/Granov on Iron Man, there are no words to describe how good this is.

As for the " New Avengers", if Spidey and Wolverine are members I give them each 3 issues and then a cameo appearance in the fourth issue as the door hits them in their collective @ss'. Looks like the first few issues has the Avengers looking for a new place to live since Avengers Mansion was destroyed (again). Maybe they can move to that floating island (again).

trivia - How far into the "New Avengers" until Wonderman makes an appearance?

My guess, issue 5, but he'll be so much cooler this time...really.

trivia - How long before Marvel reboots the Thor series?

I bet they hold out till April at the latest and then we see "New Thor, or "Thor-Man"- who can spin webs, or "Thorverine"- a man with a mutant healing power who discovers a hammer in the woods of Canada...

quiz - guess the name and origins of the four all-new, all-different, their-not-what-you-think, "Young Avengers"

Young Avengers sneak peak picture for reference!

I have..

"Damart"- pre-teen John Robbins uses his metal Voltron lunch box to fend off evil-doers while discreetly clad in long underwear.

"Ruffles" - medievel times sent armor clad Ruffles spreads his helm wings to alert other Young Avengers of imminent danger.

Voyeaur Man - uses his home-made yellow-eyed night vision helmet to spy on bathing senior citizens and to help the other YA's to save the world.

"Spanish Fly" - illegitimate son of Bruce Banner after a drunken college fling with some chick named Natchos or Natchios or something like that...

ahh, The House of Ideas.

CRC

trivia - How far into the "New Avengers" until Wonderman makes an appearance?

My guess, issue 5, but he'll be so much cooler this time...really.

Don't be silly. Bendis will not even have the initial line-up done in 5 issues. In fact I bet he (being such a Silver Age buff) will wait until issue 9.

New Avengers lineup:

Captain America

Spider-Man

Wolverine

Iron Man

Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew)

Luke Cage

Sentry

This has got to be the stupidest Avengers Line-up in a long time. I seriously hope this doesn't last long.

New Avengers lineup:

Captain America

Spider-Man

Wolverine

Iron Man

Luke Cage

Sentry

This has got to be the stupidest Avengers Line-up in a long time. I seriously hope this doesn't last long.

It doesn't really sound like it's going to. Bendis talked about how in original conception the roster was very fluid.

New Avengers lineup:

Captain America

Spider-Man

Wolverine

Iron Man

Luke Cage

Sentry

It doesn't really sound like it's going to. Bendis talked about how in original conception the roster was very fluid.

Well, you have to figure Spidey and Wolverine will not last long. Luke Cage is not much of a team player. That leaves Cap and Iron Man who were always Avengers. Spider-Woman doesn't offer much in the way of powers, so she won't last long. Not sure who Sentry is, other than the Sentry who was a Kree character. Is this the same one?

No, this Sentry is a character created by Paul Jenkins for a Marvel Knights mini that came out a few years ago. He's a powerful, Superman-like character who supposedly was around at the same time the other Marvel characters debuted but was erased from everyone's memory after defeating his arch-foe, including his own. A strange, but better left forgotten mini that did have some interesting "retro" specials.

New Avengers lineup:

Captain America

Spider-Man

Wolverine

Iron Man

Luke Cage

Sentry

This should work:

http://www.newsarama.com/WW_Chicago_04/MvL_Presentations/NewAvengers1.jpg

893frustrated.gif That is NOT an Avengers lineup. And where's Thor? Please don't tell me they killed Thor cuz I never will buy Marvel again. (ok, not really)

And where's Spider Girl or Spider Baby?

Can you tell me who they are? I don't recognize a single member.

Atlas is the big guy on the right.

Radiactive Man is the guy in front of him.

The guy in the front looks lie the Beetle guy.

The girl to his right looks like Jolt.

I could be wrong on most of these.