• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My ebay story - and a buyer to block

122 posts in this topic

OK, so I have a guy who purchased 2 books from me on ebay. Fighting American #2 and Big 3 Comics #2. This guy paypals me, and I mail off the books, just like every other of 20,000 plus transactions I have had on ebay.

This guy makes a claim on paypal that the box arrived, but it was empty except for cardboard and bubble wrap. I say to paypal, look at my history. I have been on paypal since 1997 or 1998, and have never, ever had anyone make this claim against me before. I tell them that the guy is a complete fraud. Today, I am informed that they ruled in his favor. :pullhair:

What in the world? I have literally had hundreds of thousands of dollars to run through paypal over the 14 years or so. And they rule against me. I would like to find the guy and crack his coconut. And then I would like to do the same to paypal.

Anyway, the guy's name is Andrew Brown. This is his address according to paypal.

Andrew Brown

sunnyvale, CA 94086

His ebay user id is gbuster85

He has good feedback, so it is kind of hard to understand. But I have tried to get in touch with him about this transaction, and he will not respond at all. Tells me he is a total scammer. I hope I run into him at San Diego some year.

Dale,

Call them over and over and explain the situation to a supervisor and also call eBay.

I had a similar situation where they ruled in the fraud buyer's side, but after talking to supervisors they did reverse their decision.

Complaining to call center in the USA and yelling is now the only way business gets done unfortunately over common sense basic business ethical decisions.

Is it possible that the books were removed from the box in transit and the box re-sealed? If your paypal lable says it's insured, that might have gotten someone in the shipping process interested in the contents?

Has he pulled this stunt with other sellers? Does he normally buy high value books?

Amazing, I just looked and the guy sell some high priced books himself. Wouldn't he like to know how this feels?

Wow he is a crook and a insufficiently_thoughtful_person. :facepalm:

This would be the same guy that probably would steal from a dealer at a show

then 2 seconds later try to sel them to another dealer at the same show down the same aisle.

Oh hell yea boys ans girls time for some revenge.

Is it possible that the books were removed from the box in transit and the box re-sealed? If your paypal lable says it's insured, that might have gotten someone in the shipping process interested in the contents?

THIS