• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My ebay story - and a buyer to block

122 posts in this topic

OK, so I have a guy who purchased 2 books from me on ebay. Fighting American #2 and Big 3 Comics #2. This guy paypals me, and I mail off the books, just like every other of 20,000 plus transactions I have had on ebay. This guy makes a claim on paypal that the box arrived, but it was empty except for cardboard and bubble wrap. His ebay user id is gbuster85

My first thought is that he's a scumbag and I should block him. But several people here have made a good point that it's possible the box was tampered with in transit. In which case you get the additional headache of making a report/inquiry at the USPS.

The part I don't get, and which you point out is suspicious, is that the guy won't communicate with you. If it were me, I would take copious photographs and document everything so that there was no confusion as to my story and viewpoint about what happened. Maybe the guy just doesn't have time to do this, but ideally he would be willing to give you all the relevant information in case you and he were BOTH ripped off.

File an appeal. I'm sorry I just saw this - my wife had him thrown off ebay as another seller). He was going by Conan 1935. He's a total scam artist. PM me and we can discuss.

The plot thickens! If Dale Roberts can confirm that this guy is the same person who was running scams as conan1935 (no longer a registered user), then Roberts should be able to convince eBay that they should rule in his favor. That is, if anybody at eBay has a functioning brain.

I just looked at some of the comics he has listed and they are listed in the:

Listed in category: Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop>Wholesale Lots

Seems like the guy doesn't know what he is doing.

I could be mistaken but i think Ebay allows free listing in that category . For example in my store it says this

List FREE from January 1, 2013 through February 28, 2013.

10000 Free listings in Outdoor Sports, Golf & Winter Sports for Premium Stores. Learn More.

He could be listing for free saving himself a little bit of money . Hoping that people will do a general search . Not a category specific search . He sounds like the kind of person I dont want to deal with at all.

File an appeal. I'm sorry I just saw this - my wife had him thrown off ebay as another seller). He was going by Conan 1935. He's a total scam artist. PM me and we can discuss.

The plot thickens! If Dale Roberts can confirm that this guy is the same person who was running scams as conan1935 (no longer a registered user), then Roberts should be able to convince eBay that they should rule in his favor. That is, if anybody at eBay has a functioning brain.

I will check on this on Monday. The problem is not ebay though, it is paypal. However, maybe if I can show a link, that will be enough to get my money back.

OK, so I have a guy who purchased 2 books from me on ebay. Fighting American #2 and Big 3 Comics #2. This guy paypals me, and I mail off the books, just like every other of 20,000 plus transactions I have had on ebay.

This guy makes a claim on paypal that the box arrived, but it was empty except for cardboard and bubble wrap. I say to paypal, look at my history. I have been on paypal since 1997 or 1998, and have never, ever had anyone make this claim against me before. I tell them that the guy is a complete fraud. Today, I am informed that they ruled in his favor. :pullhair:

What in the world? I have literally had hundreds of thousands of dollars to run through paypal over the 14 years or so. And they rule against me. I would like to find the guy and crack his coconut. And then I would like to do the same to paypal.

Anyway, the guy's name is Andrew Brown. This is his address according to paypal.

Andrew Brown

sunnyvale, CA 94086

His ebay user id is gbuster85

He has good feedback, so it is kind of hard to understand. But I have tried to get in touch with him about this transaction, and he will not respond at all. Tells me he is a total scammer. I hope I run into him at San Diego some year.

this-arthur-s-seat-belongs-to-lionel-richie-24638-300.jpghand-point-up-2.jpg

Is why I will never sell another comic book on eBay.

OK, so I have a guy who purchased 2 books from me on ebay. Fighting American #2 and Big 3 Comics #2. This guy paypals me, and I mail off the books, just like every other of 20,000 plus transactions I have had on ebay. This guy makes a claim on paypal that the box arrived, but it was empty except for cardboard and bubble wrap. His ebay user id is gbuster85

My first thought is that he's a scumbag and I should block him. But several people here have made a good point that it's possible the box was tampered with in transit. In which case you get the additional headache of making a report/inquiry at the USPS.

The part I don't get, and which you point out is suspicious, is that the guy won't communicate with you. If it were me, I would take copious photographs and document everything so that there was no confusion as to my story and viewpoint about what happened. Maybe the guy just doesn't have time to do this, but ideally he would be willing to give you all the relevant information in case you and he were BOTH ripped off.

The guy never claimed the box was opened. Only that it was empty.

I used a Priority 1097 box, which is self sealing, but I also put a piece of tape over each end. 2 pieces of cardboard, and lots of bubblewrap. I package every shipment exactly the same, unless they request first class, or something different. There is no way the box was opened and resealed without it being completely obvious.

The guy never claimed the box was opened. Only that it was empty.

Ah. Well I thought since he was so uncommunicative, it might be hard to discern what he was saying. But if that is what he saying, then I return to my default judgment of "scumbag."

Total scumbag. I could go on for days as to what he put my wife through.

Too many eBay horror stories for me :ohnoez: . As I begin expanding my collection and maybe do some selling I'll use the want to buy and selling area boards on here. eBay's just, damn. doh!

The problem with this is , for every horror story you arread about here . Thousands of good , positive , fair , honest , hassle free transactions go through without a hitch .

Too many eBay horror stories for me :ohnoez: . As I begin expanding my collection and maybe do some selling I'll use the want to buy and selling area boards on here. eBay's just, damn. doh!

The problem with this is , for every horror story you arread about here . Thousands of good , positive , fair , honest , hassle free transactions go through without a hitch .

That's correct. It is wrong of me to lump everything in. Just appears as though the bad outweighs the good hm

Its frightening though.

I just reached trusted seller/bronze powerseller level, after 3 years of hard work and bending backwards to ensure perfect customer service.

I even keep all tracking receipts in a book with transaction details in case of credit card problems years down the line.

It now seems I will have to video myself sealing up the box after putting the books in and save all this to a HD.

Cheaper books and it was noobie problems, and now expensive books and professional scammers come into play.

Sheesh.

The other side is the regular bunch of 40 - 50 guys who come back on a regular basis and keep buying.

Ebay and Paypal continue to shoot themselves in the foot by siding with buyers 100%.

2c

Postage was printed from paypal. I sent him plenty of e-mails through eBay, through paypal resolution center and e-mail. All of which got no response.

Did you try calling him? I believe you can get his phone through ebay. I do hope you can recoup your losses.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/ebayadvsearch?_sofindtype=9

put in the details of the transaction and, boom goes the dynamite.