• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recent Sign Auction

31 posts in this topic

Much as it pains me wink.gif I'm going with you on this one, Andy. Although I can understand, if not entirely accept, the bump up in grade, it's one hell of a leap on page quality. Playing devil's advocate, how does this sort of thing happen if not for 'vested interest'? VF to VF+ may be a borderline judgement from time to time, but green is green, right? And tan is tan.

And unless the colour/shade is changed through some process (which would be caught, yes?), it must still be tan?

Or not, obviously.

Why change the habit of a lifetime? tongue.gif

Well, if it isn't my very good mate the "Flaming" one. smirk.gif

And yes, I understood the emphasis on 'Flaming', although I have to say I've only done it on two threads here, both with the same user, and spread over six months.

I think maybe 'Slow Roast Over A Low Light' is actually closer to the truth.

Much as it pains me wink.gif I'm going with you on this one, Andy. Although I can understand, if not entirely accept, the bump up in grade, it's one hell of a leap on page quality. Playing devil's advocate, how does this sort of thing happen if not for 'vested interest'? VF to VF+ may be a borderline judgement from time to time, but green is green, right? And tan is tan.

And unless the colour/shade is changed through some process (which would be caught, yes?), it must still be tan?

Or not, obviously.

As usual, you're on the money. This is entirely what I was thinking.

Why change the habit of a lifetime? tongue.gif

Well, if it isn't my very good mate the "Flaming" one. smirk.gif

And yes, I understood the emphasis on 'Flaming', although I have to say I've only done it on two threads here, both with the same user, and spread over six months.

I think maybe 'Slow Roast Over A Low Light' is actually closer to the truth.

I ain't bothered, me old mucker. In fact the more good natured ribbing, the better. Unless it's regarding a miscreant who thoroughly deserves scorn.

Flame On, FT!!!!

Murph -

I picked up the ASM #4 in 8.5, a book I've been hunting for about a year now. I saw it in person in Chicago after the auction and it looked great! Paid too much, but at least it's another "X" on the ol' want list.

Dan

I picked up the ASM #4 in 8.5, a book I've been hunting for about a year now. I saw it in person in Chicago after the auction and it looked great! Paid too much, but at least it's another "X" on the ol' want list.

Dan

Somehow Dan, you always "pay too much" and then when it's time to sell, you sell them "higher".

How do you do that?

Actually, I know.

You buy the books that are in fact, very hard to obtain, and only sell if someone else is willing to obtain the book for more.

Congrats on the nice pick-up. thumbsup2.gif

Thanks! I try to buy nice books. I'm a big QP freak, so usually they are still desireable if and when I sell 'em. And believe me, not every book is moved at a profit...sometimes you just gotta let things go.

Dan