• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What are the toughest .10 cent DC's to find in 8.0 and above?

59 posts in this topic

define toughest?

You know, Danny, you'd like to find a 1955 to 1961 DC book in VF or better....

Which book would you like to find?

I really don't know how else to phrase it. (shrug)

If it helps, lets narrow it down to super- hero or sci-fi titles. (thumbs u

Check out this thread for a wealth of hard to find 10 centers...

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=6437165&fpart=1

I've actually looked through this amazing thread already, but I'm trying to get it it narrowed down a little more to super-hero DC's and their sci-fi titles. (thumbs u

Talk to me. :popcorn:

The reason I aked was that there is yough, but what is toughest? Likely, the toughest ooks are ones no one is really looking for much. You know, Buzzy 70 kind of stuff.

I understand, so I've asked for DC super-hero titles and Sci-fi titles. (thumbs u

Actually, I think Action 242 and Tec 225 are probably the "toughest" major superhero keys above 8.0. Each has TWO copies on census above 8.0. That's right TWO. (I assume OAAW 83 is eliminated from this discussion as OP said Superhero or SciFi. If not, then 83 is the toughest on census with only ONE copy above 8.0.)

Actually, I think Action 242 and Tec 225 are probably the "toughest" major superhero keys above 8.0. Each has TWO copies on census above 8.0. That's right TWO. (I assume OAAW 83 is eliminated from this discussion as OP said Superhero or SciFi. If not, then 83 is the toughest on census with only ONE copy above 8.0.)
Same goes for the Adventure Comics 210, there's two 9.0s and the next highest is a 7.5.

Same goes for the Adventure Comics 210, there's two 9.0s and the next highest is a 7.5.

Two seems to be the magic number, Superboy 68 also only has 2 above 8.0. I think most of the 50s DC keys are tough as hell. Even a late 50s key like Bats 121 only has 5 above 8.0.

Two seems to be the magic number, Superboy 68 also only has 2 above 8.0. I think most of the 50s DC keys are tough as hell. Even a late 50s key like Bats 121 only has 5 above 8.0.

I'd guess it's probably the same with most of the early Showcase issues, Brave & the Bold etc.

The reason I aked was that there is tough, but what is toughest? Likely, the toughest books are ones no one is really looking for much.

I agree. Therefore I think the best candidates would be from the Jimmy Olsen, Superboy and World's Finest titles.

Add Lois Lane 1 to the list as well.

I think #2 issues are typically much tougher than #1 issues.

:preach:

I'm going to guess that the DC funny animal books like Real Screen would be vey hard to find in high grade

Absolutely, quite simply because so few collectors go after them so they've not been cherished and protected like the superhero, mystery and sci-fi titles. Even Fuelman doesn't want them.

(shrug)