• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

okay big spoilers

58 posts in this topic

I actually enjoyed the character Damien. He was such a sarcastic little shiat. Surprised a lot of the elitists here didn't like him! He's exactly their kind!

I was flabbergasted that Batman had a son! :o

Were you:

a) more

b) less

c) as

flabbergasted when you found out who the mother was?

I don't know who the mother is. Was it a Wayan brother?

Damon-Wayans-as-a-Woman--83710.jpg

I liked Damian. I thought he was a more interesting Robin than either Jason or Tim, simply because of the "I'll do things Batman won't" aspect to him. While his "safe" violence sometimes certainly played like a '90's cliche a la Lobo or Wolverine, I thought he enhanced Batman in a way we haven't seen for a while.

He'll be dead about 5 minutes before Ras or Talia dunk him in a Lazarus Pit and he comes back crazy....oh wait, thats been done before?

I liked Damian. I thought he was a more interesting Robin than either Jason or Tim, simply because of the "I'll do things Batman won't" aspect to him. While his "safe" violence sometimes certainly played like a '90's cliche a la Lobo or Wolverine, I thought he enhanced Batman in a way we haven't seen for a while.

He'll be dead about 5 minutes before Ras or Talia dunk him in a Lazarus Pit and he comes back crazy....oh wait, thats been done before?

they're only temporarily crazy though

It's really Damien Wayans, one of the Wayans brothers

That's who I thought it was.

I am shocked it took someone this long to take him down after "White Chicks".

+1

The only thing good to come after In Living Color was Major Payne.

You are forgetting how awesome he was in the Last Boyscout with Bruce Willis.

why didnt he die in DOTF?

that would have been the big payoff, Joker kills 2 Robins...throw a crowbar in there for old times sake, they missed an opportunity with that

Very true. hm

Agreed it was a missed opportunity for DC.

If I was going to have him killed anyway I would have let the Joker do it in either Batman and Robin or the DOTF finale Batman 17.

Also the Death of the Family tagline would have been less misleading if a major character actually died.

that would have been the big payoff, Joker kills 2 Robins...throw a crowbar in there for old times sake, they missed an opportunity with that

Very true. hm

If I was going to have him killed anyway I would have let the Joker do it in either Batman and Robin or the DOTF finale Batman 17.

Also the Death of the Family tagline would have been less misleading if a major character actually died.

well its Death of the Family, hasn't he unsettled the "family" somewhat?

Very true. hm

There is a huge difference between unsettled somewhat and dead.

Sales would have flagged if they had called it "Unsettled Somewhat in the Family".

Very true. hm

Sales would have flagged if they had called it "Unsettled Somewhat in the Family".

true, it doesn't ring the same...i still enjoyed the ending, someone dying would have had a better impact and really made it an arc for the ages but i can't say i didn't enjoy it

really big spoilers for Batman fans

thoughts?

Well, considering the little creep's mom and grand daddy owns every Lazurus Pit on the planet, he'll probably be back by next issue in time for lunch. I hear Alfred's got fried chicken on the menu for that day.

At least Morrison has the balls that Snyder clearly doesn't!

or Morrison was the only one who was allowed to kill off his own character?

Most likely, Morrison had originally planned to kill off Damien if I remember correctly.

I'm not saying Snyder should have killed Damien but Snyder has no balls. He had the chance to become a legendary bat writer like Miller or Morrison but instead he is just another mediocre scribe with the end of DOTF.

Very true. hm

Well, "the family" or "the bat family" is not actually a blood-tie (especially after Wednesday, when the only (and more modern) exception to this rule is erased) ... So, instead, what we have is a family based on a close-bond... a common goal.... and, until Bats 17, a loose adherence to Batman's direction and rule set.

However, the Joker planted seeds in all of their minds that have effectively estranged them from Batman and, it seems at face value, each other at this point.

Effectively, right now, the "family" is dead.

Previous releases of images spoilers etc show Bruce Wayne handling a gun in upcoming issues... so it's entirely possible that this story sub-plot will get exploited further and, in turn, further rift the family. Maybe not.

Sure, Snyder could've had more balls and actually killed someone. But that would be "Death IN the Family" - rather than "Death OF the Family".

This ending was always coming. I remember reading someone calling it on the CBR boards after issue 1 (Bats 13) of the arc was released.

$0.02