• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Wake by Scott Snyder

380 posts in this topic

I remember seeing it having a 1:25 incentive variant in Previews. None listed on Midtown though. I wonder what happened.

Midtown will be having a signing in store with Snyder and Murphy.

Greens? Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Just recapping for everyone. 10 issue series. It releases May 1, so you will be able to order it this afternoon. 2 covers. Regular and 1:25 variant. I am looking forward to this a lot. I switch my Midtown Previews orders from monthly shipping to weekly shipping to get this as soon as I can.

And a recap for everyone:

“THERE’S SOMETHING DOWN THERE…”

When Marine Biologist Lee Archer is approached by the Department of Homeland Security for help with a new threat, she declines, but quickly realizes they won’t take no for an answer. Soon she is plunging to the depths of the Arctic Circle to a secret, underwater oilrig where they’ve discovered something miraculous and terrifying...

Writer Scott Snyder (BATMAN, AMERICAN VAMPIRE) and artist Sean Murphy (PUNK ROCK JESUS) bring their acclaimed talents to this sci-fi/horror epic that explores the horrors of the deep, probes the origins of human history, and leaps far beyond to a frightening future.

I'm down for some miraculous and terrifying.

Is anyone going to the signing this weekend?

I only went to one when I happend to be walking by when Brian Wood was signing for The Massive.

Can I get a yellow label? Or is it only green?

Thanks taco I kept seeing it get pushed back I have a buch ordered at my lcs but ill be there also I have to pick up a instore order I went to a couple of signings ill go with a couple of friends probably

Yeah no cgc rep to verify I just called to confirm they like to change stuff

There's never a CGC witness at Midtown signings. I mentioned that to them before, and was told it'd be a hassle and :blahblah:

It would be awesome if they did though! Midtown just recently started offering CGC submission services, so maybe CGC SS at their signings will be next. :wishluck:

Yeah no cgc rep to verify I just called to confirm they like to change stuff

There's never a CGC witness at Midtown signings. I mentioned that to them before, and was told it'd be a hassle and :blahblah:

It would be awesome if they did though! Midtown just recently started offering CGC submission services, so maybe CGC SS at their signings will be next. :wishluck:

The fact that MTC just recently started offering CGC submission services astounds me.

10 issues. Huge names. 1 regular cover and 1 incentive cover. Scott Snyder doesn't need Ghost/Phantom or whatever to print a new cover. It will sell very well. How many titles from the new batch of Image releases are going to make it past the 2nd arc? I'm hyped for tomorrow.

Im still buying it.. But minis scare me.. Happy comes to mind

Why do they scare you? Punk Rock Jesus was the best book of 2012 in my opinion but was a speculators nightmare. It all depends why you're buying your books.

At the very least this will be a book worth reading and admiring the artwork. I for one wish that Sean Murphy would write an ongoing series. The guy is seriously underrated.