• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is the Death in Batman inc #8 more important?

56 posts in this topic

Some of you guys are nuts! Grant Morrison is writing the only modern Batman tales that are actually worth reading over and over again!

The current Snyder arcs are worthy as well.

Ugh...Snyder gave us his one decent Batman story ( Court of Owls ) and that's about it from him, Death of the Family did not live up to expectations. Grant has been churning out the good stuff for a very long time.

Some of you guys are nuts! Grant Morrison is writing the only modern Batman tales that are actually worth reading over and over again!

Ugh...Snyder gave us his one decent Batman story ( Court of Owls ) and that's about it from him, Death of the Family did not live up to expectations. Grant has been churning out the good stuff for a very long time.

The Black Mirror was fantastic and Death of the Family was good!

The Black Mirror was fantastic and Death of the Family was good!

Got to give it to you there with The Black Mirror but 1/2 the credit has to go to the great art on that one. Hmmmmmm what's that guy doing right now?

Death of the family was a huge let down. All they had to do was tease Batman breaking his oath but at the last second let Damian kill the Joker in front of all of the them. The Joker's last and greatest joke could have been the final corruption of Batman's own child.

Ok that idea may suck but almost anything would be better than fake faces on a plate.

@MrWeen

I think that the ending of DOTF was actually a perfect embodiment of everything Joker and Batman represent. Joker actually killing somebody is what everybody was predicting and since when is Joker predictable? Joker is suppose to be chaotic and illogical. I think that the Family's reaction to Bruce's secret was a bit much but I thought it was fitting that Bruce would have the secret to begin with. The whole bit about the joker giving two bits about who you really are was great, in my opinion because why would he care? I think Snyder has done an amazing job of rejuvenating the Batman line as opposed to revolutionizing it. It seems to make for much more enriching experience.

wait- I thought they already killed Robin. There was like a phone number to call and vote him dead... or something. You mean he's back again, and they killed him... again?

damn, being Robin is a mess job.

It's true. It's like being the drummer in Spinal Tap!

I don't are about his latest "Death" in the slightest...but if a future Robin spontaneously combusts, count me in!

I don't think there's any doubt he'll be back eventually, but for the here and now, this is big event.

Have to admit, I didn't like Damien at first, but the little mess grew on my over time and seeing him go out in such a heart wrenching fashion was really dramatic. It'll be a long time before Bruce gets over this one. Talia too for that matter.

Read it last night. The death was certainly graphic considering it happened to a child.

While the final panel of Bruce holding Damien was powerful and poignant, if it weren't for the "52 News" stating "Robin is dead" I don't think I would have believed his death to actually have happened, instead believing it to be a very serious wound.

My guess is that, while Morrison wanted to do this to further drive a wedge between Talia and Bruce (as if it wasn't there already) and not necessarily to bring a long-term end to Robin.

I know Batman and Robin is turning into Batman and ____ in a Marvel Team-Up kind of way, but I'd be surprised if this death is a long-term thing, and not just because that's the way it with comic heroes, but because of the specific manner of this "death".