• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I just dropped my comic shop because they ticked me off!

112 posts in this topic

My LCS ordered 200 copies instead of the usual 70, and was selling them for cover, but holding them behind the counter, to keep it one to a customer. I stopped by Noon PST, and he mentioned they were already going for $10 on the East Coast, but I didn't pick one up as I'm too lazy to flip for $10 or so. Although if they are actually selling for $75 ( no matte how briefly) I probably should have.

No doubt this will be a flash in the pan like Cap 25 ( which my same LCS was still selling for cover a week into the ebay frenzy then).

I don't know. I figure the death of a character I never even knew existed should be a long-term keeper.

My LCS had about 30 copies on the shelf early this evening.

Whoah, look. Mile High is selling them for $30 and $75 on the day they release. lol

Does Mile High refer to the price of their comics? Some of the prices they want for variants is way out there.

I know everyone loves to bash Mile High, but for the record, the local shops had copies of the book on the shelves for cover price. They had a 1-per-customer limit, but they were certainly offering the book at cover price.

I have no problem with a store posting copies online for crazy prices. Why not? I don't like the idea of stores taking from a pull list customer to sell at crazy prices, but that's not what Mile High is doing here.

My LCS ordered 200 copies instead of the usual 70, and was selling them for cover, but holding them behind the counter, to keep it one to a customer. I stopped by Noon PST, and he mentioned they were already going for $10 on the East Coast, but I didn't pick one up as I'm too lazy to flip for $10 or so. Although if they are actually selling for $75 ( no matte how briefly) I probably should have.

No doubt this will be a flash in the pan like Cap 25 ( which my same LCS was still selling for cover a week into the ebay frenzy then).

I don't know. I figure the death of a character I never even knew existed should be a long-term keeper.

My LCS had about 30 copies on the shelf early this evening.

+1

DC will resurrect any character they believe they can make money from - he'll be back. He could return in a few years, grown up, unrecognisable as the mysterious, hooded leader of the League of Assassins, that is, he's probably gone working for grandpa for a while. Too many stories and much money to be made by exploring the duality of his background.

What bothers me the most about this thread is that once again a boardie does not know the difference between "lose"and "loose". If I had an X-Force 1 for every time that I see it on here....

:)

Leave his spelling and punctuation alone! He's pist! rantrant

:roflmao:

Is "pist" short for Pistorius? If so, stay away from this guy.

I don't know why everyone always has this elitist mentality when it comes to putting down a poster, but I actually sort of agree with the original poster. He went in right at store open and they held it back. They were (probably) selling it for $2.99 to those who had it on their pull list but were upping the charge for the others. On one hand, I get it. But on the other hand, it's gauging. It's a slimy move. Hell, I'd be okay with even a day later but not the very instant the store opens and the book is supposed to be on the shelf.

Funny, but everyone here gives the OP a hard time but I know for sure the majority of you would be, at the very least, a little ticked off also.

I don't know why everyone always has this elitist mentality when it comes to putting down a poster, but I actually sort of agree with the original poster. He went in right at store open and they held it back. They were (probably) selling it for $2.99 to those who had it on their pull list but were upping the charge for the others. On one hand, I get it. But on the other hand, it's gauging. It's a slimy move. Hell, I'd be okay with even a day later but not the very instant the store opens and the book is supposed to be on the shelf.

Funny, but everyone here gives the OP a hard time but I know for sure the majority of you would be, at the very least, a little ticked off also.

Everyone?

Exaggerate much?

:baiting:

Everyone?

Exaggerate much?

:baiting:

Yup! EVERYONE!

:sumo:

The OP didn't give us all the information. He immediately jumped to they are scumbags. When you make accusations like that and don't back it up with info, expect to get called to task for it.

Also, you are assuming that they were charging others more money based on what exactly? I like to actually have some info before I make a decision. Based on the OP's OMGWTFBBQ reaction, I can't put much credence into him remembering anything correctly.

The OP didn't give us all the information. He immediately jumped to they are scumbags. When you make accusations like that and don't back it up with info, expect to get called to task for it.

Also, you are assuming that they were charging others more money based on what exactly? I like to actually have some info before I make a decision. Based on the OP's OMGWTFBBQ reaction, I can't put much credence into him remembering anything correctly.

I agree with most of what you're saying sure, and yes, some people come across as douchebags in their rants but I get the jist of it.

Also, in regards to what I bolded, why on earth would they have pulled them? To bag and board them for everyone and immediately put them back up for at cover price?

They pulled them to up their price. Clearly. D'uh!

Edit: Curious. Who's jumping in your sig? An NBA player or some random?

There's a comic shop called Phat Collectibles?

I think I'd avoid it based on the name alone.

I was thinking the same thing.

It's like seeing a restaurant called Sal Monella's Chicken Shack.....just keep driving.

I agree with most of what you're saying sure, and yes, some people come across as douchebags in their rants but I get the jist of it.

Also, in regards to what I bolded, why on earth would they have pulled them? To bag and board them for everyone and immediately put them back up for at cover price?

They pulled them to up their price. Clearly. D'uh!

Edit: Curious. Who's jumping in your sig? An NBA player or some random?

Unless I missed it somewhere, there isn't any evidence they did that. They could have under-ordered and only had enough books for their pull list. Most of their pull list according to OMGWTFBBQ. It is hard for me to trust the word of the guy that went straight to scumbag with zero info and then questions the ethics of those that question him.

I don't know who it is. I just found it one day while looking at gifs and was mesmerized.

I agree anyway :applause:

Ok so I am a regular customer who goes there and buys every week. I get there as they open their doors at 11AM, about ten of us are there. All the new comics are out for sale except Batman Inc #8. I asked him why aren't there any issues of that, he said sold out!!! *&^%* bull(*&^^ I will NEVER go there again!!

The LCS gets to decide how to operate his business.

Looks like he's more interested in making max $ off a new release book that's hot vs selling a book at list price to his customers.

I could understand a 1 copy/person policy for the book (my shop had one)

I could understand him holding back some of his stock to sell for aftermarket prices.

But showing his customers that he's less interested in them than maximizing $s is good short term, but very bad long term business planning... and probably why so many shops dont last long.