• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I just dropped my comic shop because they ticked me off!

112 posts in this topic

I hear that Hitler used to keep the RRPs for himself to sell on ReichBay.

No, just a greedy unethical scummmbag
I asked him why aren't there any issues of that, he said sold out!!! *&^%* bull(*&^^ I will NEVER go there again!!

He is Hitler.

:banana: Chris

we sold all of ours for cover price lol...and when we get our 100 other copies they will also be cover price... but then again we dont let one person get 10+ copies ether

.....that's probably why you guys are still in business after 800 years.....treat folks right and they come back. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Just checked at two other LCS's in addition to the one I went to yesterday, and copies of this book are both plentiful and not in any kind of unusual demand. "We had a couple calls, but nobody came in," according to one owner.

My shop, already referenced in this thread, was actually sold out, but I happened to get one. I had my stack of books on the counter looking for something else, and another customer flipped through my stack, saw the book, asked if it was mine, and when I said, "Yeah," he said, "Lucky!" I probably would have let him have it if he had actually asked.

My point exactly. No idiotic response, just a man who understands the point for this thread. I applaud you jimbo (thumbs u

we sold all of ours for cover price lol...and when we get our 100 other copies they will also be cover price... but then again we dont let one person get 10+ copies ether

.....that's probably why you guys are still in business after 800 years.....treat folks right and they come back. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Book on your pull list not available because comic shop owner decided to sell your reserved copy at a premium somewhere else = unprofessional and unethical

This is why I dropped my pull list in 2000 and never subscribed again.

I was preordering things which I felt would be hot. The owner of the store was selling the comics I preordered to other customers if I wasn't there on new comics day to prevent it. I actually found out when the owner sold me someone else's comics then told me later "I'll put in a reorder for the guy who subscribed to it."

There was no mark-up involved, but I later figured out that I was shorted items because he'd sold them to someone else. The items were not always available for reorder, so all my time scouring through Previews to find something cool was wasted.

DG

Book on your pull list not available because comic shop owner decided to sell your reserved copy at a premium somewhere else = unprofessional and unethical

This is why I dropped my pull list in 2000 and never subscribed again.

I was preordering things which I felt would be hot. The owner of the store was selling the comics I preordered to other customers if I wasn't there on new comics day to prevent it. I actually found out when the owner sold me someone else's comics then told me later "I'll put in a reorder for the guy who subscribed to it."

There was no mark-up involved, but I later figured out that I was shorted items because he'd sold them to someone else. The items were not always available for reorder, so all my time scouring through Previews to find something cool was wasted.

DG

That's why I was happy to discontinue my orders with one shop, back in the early 90s. You would advance order from Previews, go there, notice several hot items obviously missing, and the guy would just tell you that they had sold them in multiples to walk-in speculators, were out of stock, and that was that. Waste of time and effort.

My LCS was selling stuff from peoples preordered pull list including mine. I confronted him and he thought it was no big deal. I don't buy there anymore, not sure if he misses my money bu t I was getting 40+ new preordered issues plus all the back issues I buy every week. I know they last a lot of customers because of this. I know of one guy who ordered in a pile of horrible stuff and never went back...he said let the owner sell that to someone else.

I recently have stopped all patronage to one of the largest LCS in the Dallas area. My reasons for doing so, 1) I recently bought a pack of Gerber archive sleeves from them, $42 after tax for 50 (damn I was dumb). Come to find out I grabbed the wrong size. They are too small. So I walk back in to exchange them for the proper size. No return, No Exchanges, No Refunds. Seriously. I literally walked them out to my car to put some books I had just purchased earlier that day at another shop and you want exchange for the proper size?

I haven't had this issue with any other shop in the Dallas / Ft. Worth area, when it comes to supplies.

The other thing that was irritating about this stores business practices was the immediate markups. Walking Dead being a prime example. You could only get the latest issue at cover price if you bought it the Wednesday it came out up through that Friday. By Saturday morning, it was bagged, boarded and marked up to double cover. And previous months issues were marked up to $10 or $20. My main shop that I now spend the majority of my money in, keeps 3-8 months worth of books on the shelves for most books, especially the popular titles and never marks them up until they go in the back issue rack.

Some places know customer service, so apparently do not.