• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emerald City Comic Con, March 28-30, 2014, Seatlle, WA.

322 posts in this topic

looking forward to this convention next year. I have not been to it in a few years, so I am curious how it has changed.

You're in for a big surprise. The show now takes up the entire convention center (huge!).

Wow that is a change. Just checked the website and there appears to be an increase in vendors as well

FYI

The convention hotels are available for booking now.

I booked mine already so don't get shut out.

http://www.emeraldcitycomicon.com/hotels/

Looks like the Roosevelt is full. The web site says there's no rooms available at that rate (although it could be user error). Looks like I'm going to try the Paramount this time around because the 6 block walk to the Crown last year was no fun after walking the show all day. lol

Is it safe to assume there's a CGC presence and/or facilitators/witnesses available? I have a friend who went last year (he's not into that aspect), but he's trying to get me to travel down to it as he says the Con is great. It would be my first large Con, and I know I'll have fun, but I really enjoy getting artwork done and meeting the creators, and would want to be able to CGC any covers I may get done.

Is it safe to assume there's a CGC presence and/or facilitators/witnesses available? I have a friend who went last year (he's not into that aspect), but he's trying to get me to travel down to it as he says the Con is great. It would be my first large Con, and I know I'll have fun, but I really enjoy getting artwork done and meeting the creators, and would want to be able to CGC any covers I may get done.

Yes. CGC has been at the show as well as facillitators. I submitted books for SS last year and your friend is correct - it's a great show although it has gotten really big. I also sarted a con sketchbook that I wish I would have started a long time ago. Got some great sketches in it last year and look forward to getting more.

I don't go to shows as much as I used to, and I'm looking forward to this one. Room secured (one block away). Need to get tickets still, but this show never sells out like SDCC ......does it ? Cuz that would bite :mad: